Arts and Entertainment Management - BBA in Management
YOUR LUBIN BBA: A REWARDING CAREER IN A CRITICAL ROLE
There's no business like show business, and with a Lubin BBA in Arts and Entertainment Management, you will gain the skills you need to succeed in the business of arts and entertainment. You can:
- launch an exciting and fulfilling career with opportunities in performing arts and visual arts organizations
- manage in theatre companies, museums, dance companies, contemporary and classical music organizations, art galleries, talent representation and management companies, and television production firms
- see Broadway shows, visit headquarters of entertainment companies, and meet leaders in arts organizations
Lubin's Arts and Entertainment Management concentration is one of only two AACSB-accredited programs in New York State. The program leverages our location in New York City and industry contacts to bring in stellar guest lecturers including
- Alan Zweibel, Owner, Silly Robin Productions; President, Big Head Productions
- Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Entertainment, News & Sports, CBS Interactive
- Doug Herzog, President, Viacom Entertainment Group
- Robert Wankel, Co-CEO and President, The Shubert Organization
- David Pecker, BBA '72, Chairman, President, and CEO, American Media, Inc.
And Pace is home to Bravo TV's long-running Inside the Actors Studio, a 15-time Emmy-nominated series that is broadcast in 125 countries around the world reaching 89 million homes. Recent guests interviewed by host James Lipton include Jennifer Aniston, Jim Carrey, George Clooney, Colin Firth, James Franco, Brad Pitt, and members of the casts of Glee, Mad Men, and Modern Family.
There are over 15,000 media and entertainment companies headquartered in New York City. (Source: New York City Economic Development Corporation)
AN EXCITING AND LUCRATIVE CAREER
As a manager in Arts and Entertainment, you join a sector of 15,000 media and entertainment companies headquartered in New York City, including five of the Top 10.
- The New York City media and entertainment industry employs 10% of the private workforce in the city
- $30 Billion is the annual revenue in the sector.
- New York City is home to 700 performing arts organizations and more than 200 museums and historical sites. (Source: New York City Economic Development Corporation)
- According to the U.S. government (based on the most recent figures available - 2011 data), creative industries led by Hollywood account for about $504 billion, or at least 3.2 percent of U.S. goods and services. (Source: The Associated Press, 2013)
- Launch your career with Lubin connections - through our network of 72,000 alumni
GAIN USEFUL SKILLS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
Lubin's Arts and Entertainment program prepares you to analyze and respond as a manager to factors shaping the industry. The BBA in Arts and Entertainment Management offers:
- A strong business core: The core focuses on financial reporting, operations planning, staff scheduling, organizational development, and the process for policy development.
- The skill set you need as a manager in this industry: Learn to analyze and respond as a manager to factors including changing laws, technological changes, union activities, cultural issues, and domestic and international trends.
- Formal and systematic management methods of directing and motivating group efforts toward achieving the organization's primary objective: The optimal allocation of resources.
NEW YORK CITY'S MANY OPPORTUNTIES FOR CAREERS IN THE ARTS:
- Four major broadcast networks including ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC
- Four major film studios, and several independent studios, makes NYC the second busiest film center next to Hollywood
- Nearly 1,400 not-for-profit arts and cultural organizations
- 17,000 media companies employ more than 300,000 people (Source: New York City Economic Development Corporation)
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE INTERNING AT INTERNATIONALLY RESPECTED COMPANIES, INCLUDING
- ABC Television Network
- Actor's Playhouse
- A & E Television Networks
- BBC Worldwide Americas
- Big Apple Circus
- DDO Artists Agency
- Madison Square Garden
- Metropolitan Opera
- MTV Networks
- NBC Television Network
- New York Film Academy
- Roundabout Theatre Company
- Sirius XM Radio
- SONY Music Entertainment
- Studio Museum in Harlem
- The Joyce Theatre
- Universal Music Group
- Warner Music Group