Information Systems Degree (MS)
Move to the forefront of one of the fastest-growing job markets around the world. Created more than 20 years ago, Seidenberg's MS in Information Systems program was the first of its kind, and its excellence continues today. You'll gain advanced knowledge in systems design and development, organizational structure, project management and more.
Program Length: 1 – 2 years
30 Credits (Effective Fall 2013)
Global companies gain a competitive advantage through the methods they use to collect, process, transmit, and disseminate data and information. To meet these needs, the Information Systems MS program begins with core coursework within systems design and development, project management, organizational structure and more. Students may then choose a specialized course track in one of the following concentrations:
- Security and Information Assurance
- Telecommunications Management and Technologies
- Database Management and Technologies
- IS Design and Development
- Web and Internet Security
- Computer and Internet Forensics
- Distributed Information Systems
- Data Mining, Warehousing and Visualization
- Mobile Application Development
- Project Management
85% of Seidenberg's Graduate Class of 2011 reported full-time employment in their industry within one year of graduation.
With an MS in Information Systems, you'll have the ability to pursue a wide variety of career areas in a number of highly sought-after fields. Here's a look at the growing industries, distinguished companies, and promising careers in which our recent Master's-level graduates are thriving.
Current top industries in which Seidenberg Master's-level graduates are employed:
- Financial Services
- Health Care
Current top employers of Seidenberg Master's-level graduates:
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Pace University
- Verizon Communications
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
A sampling of job titles from the Graduate Class of 2011:
- Sr. Manager, Industry Solutions Group – Technology Industry
- Product Advisor – Technology Industry
- Software Developer – Financial Services Industry
- Network Engineer – Financial Services Industry
- Web Developer – Entertainment Industry
- Software QA/Test Engineer – Healthcare Industry
- IT Consultant – Self-Employed
- Technology Studies Instructor – Education Industry
Students with a BS in Information Systems, Information Technology, or a similar background may replace one or more of the Foundation Courses with electives.
Click here for curriculum information
International students can visit the Bridge Program for International Students to read more detailed information about your admission requirements.
The Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems at Pace University offers students a wealth of benefits for both their educations and their careers. We provide a student-oriented environment, small classes, committed teaching, research opportunities with personal faculty guidance, and partnerships with several industry leading organizations. This includes an ongoing partnership with IBM to more closely align our programs with the needs of business and industry.
Named 2012 Laureate by the Computerworld Honors Program for visionary applications of information technology promoting positive social economic, and educational change.