The Division of Student Affairs supports the academic mission of the university by providing programs and services that engage and involve students in the co-curricular life of the campuses. We believe students who participate in our programs and services will learn, grow and develop. The following student learning outcomes guide our services and programs:
Familiarity with Pace University
- Students will learn what resources are available at Pace University.
- Student will learn how to access resources.
- Students will learn how to effectively utilize resources and services.
- Students will gain skills to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Students will learn to balance physical, emotional, spiritual, and social health.
- Student will learn to manage relationship with faculty, staff, and peers.
- Students will assume responsibility for their own intellectual and social development.
- Students will understand values and how values impact major choices regarding careers, relationship, etc.
- Students will learn and self-reflect on aspects of identity including culture, gender, sexual orientation, professional role, social class, spirituality, etc.
- Students will understand one’s own identity and culture.
- Students will seek involvement with people different from oneself.
- Students will demonstrate appreciation of the similarities and differences we all embody.
Community/ Civic Engagement
- Students will be involved, informed citizens.
- Students will learn how their behavior affects the Pace community.
- Students will participate in service learning/volunteer activities.
- Student will develop leadership, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Students will comprehend the dynamic of group and exhibit democratic principle as a leader.
- Students will exhibit the ability to visualize a group purpose and desired outcomes.