Student Gathering Places
New York City Campus
- Café 101
- The Fishbowl – 24 hr. study and lounge space
- The Birnbaum Library Setters Lounge
The Eddie Layton Student Union is a great place to meet with friends. Special functions that take place at the student union include ethnic and cultural festivals, café nights, award dinners, luncheons, and various annual events. The following facilities make up the Eddie Layton Student Union and may be reserved through Student Development and Campus Activities:
- The Peter Fingesten Art Gallery is the site of art exhibits by students and faculty throughout the academic year.
- Meditation Room is available for quiet, peaceful thought, meditation, contemplation, or prayer
- Meeting Room A is available for use by student organizations.
- Philip A. Fulvi Reading Room is a 24-hour quiet place for you to study.
- Performing Arts media and film theater
- A multipurpose room on B-Level campus east, The Bianco Room provides students and other members of the community with space to study and schedule events.
Jeanette and Morris Kessel Student Center is more than just another building on the Westchester campus in Pleasantville. It is the core of student life. The multilevel structure houses dining facilities including the Fern Dining Hall, The Boudreau lounge, student conference rooms, student government, and student organization offices. The building is also home to the bookstore, and administrative offices for Student Development and Campus Activities, the Dean for Students, International Programs and Services, Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, including the LGBTQAA Center, and the Honors College.The Setters' Overlook Café is a popular spot for dining, meeting space in Conference Rooms A/B and C/D and entertainment space. A wide terrace with a lawn sloping to Choate Pond is the setting for barbecues, rallies, receptions, and other special events.
On the ground floor of Martin Hall, you will find Pace Perk, a coffeehouse run by The Center for Student Enterprise (CSE). The coffeehouse serves as an entertainment venue, as well as a late-night relaxation and dining spot.
Briarcliff has one esidence hall, athletic playing fields, outdoor volleyball, basketball, and tennis courts. It is currently the location of University Offices, such as Finance and Planning, Auxiliary Services, Telecommunications, IT Systems – including the Help Desk – the Title IX/Affirmative Action Office and Residential Life and Housing.