During our three-year Playwriting program, our playwriting students learn to work and collaborate with directors, actors and designers in a safe and creative professional environment deeply committed to the Actors Studio philosophy, process and tradition.
- The playwriting students learn to create meaningful personal stories and transform them into dramatic events and characters with deeply human and intense moment-to-moment life.
- Playwriting students learn to write and develop one-act and full-length plays, along with the fundamentals of screenwriting.
- To support their playwriting skills, all playwriting students study acting throughout their three years.
- Their work is staged by their colleagues in Directing and Acting, in class and for the public.
- In the third year, their best work is presented in a professionally produced Repertory Season for the general public and the theater profession.
- In the last month of their training, their full-length play is professionally presented as a staged reading open to the public.