The Pace Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides a mechanism for the computers that are using it to be part of the Pace University network when that computer is not physically on any Pace campus.
Note: The Pace VPN download page is only available from off-campus. Hence, the http://vpn.pace.edu links listed below will only work from off-campus. The Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is not supported by the Windows RT tablet due to O/S restrictions with that device. Visit the Supported Software page for a full listing.
Students, Faculty, & Staff
How to get this service
- Go to http://vpn.pace.edu/ (when off-campus)
The first time you access this site, a program will download and install to your computer. For future connections, you can either run the program directly from your machine to connect or you can return to the http://vpn.pace.edu/ site and connect. Either way, your machine will not need to install the client software again.
Contact the ITS Help Desk
- Check your Pace e-mail
- Go to the Pace home page, www.pace.edu and most of the underlying websites
- Log onto MyPace Portal and use most parts of MyPace Portal (Blackboard, registration, student records, etc.)
- Look at unrestricted Pace web pages
- Browse the Library systems
- Get to files stored on WFS (Web File System)
- Access Pace Administrative Systems (Banner, Timesheets, SharePoint etc.)
- Use license restricted Pace software
- Using software such as SSH (Secure Shell software typically used to connect to Unix & Linux systems)
- Start a Remote Desktop connection to an office computer (Remote Desktop, VNC, etc.)
- Log onto the Pace Domain Print from student PCs/laptops, on or off campus, and retrieve from any of the new printer locations
Note: For security reasons Banner is only avaliable via a remote desktop connection to your local Pace Machine.