A NEW WIRELESS NETWORK IS COMING!
ITS is working closely with Cisco technicians to upgrade the wireless network in order to simplify the connection process and improve the user experience. One main benefit for users is that they will no longer need to register their devices in order to connect successfully.
NEW NETWORK NAMES:
PACE-WIFI and PACE-GUEST will temporarily co-exist with the current networks (PACE-WIRELESS and PACE-OPEN). This upgrade will occur in managed phases to minimize any interruptions and ensure a smooth transition to the new wireless network.
Current Students, Faculty, Staff, Contractors*, and Sponsored Guests
* Contractors = depending on type of access granted
Contact the ITS Help Desk
THE GENERAL UPGRADE AND TRANSITION PROCESS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
- Once enabled, users will see PACE-WIFI on their device's list of available wireless networks.
- PACE-WIFI will temporarily co-exist with the current networks (PACE-WIRELESS and PACE-OPEN).
- Pace users should start connecting to PACE-WIFI using the steps below.
- Upon successful completion of the transition period at each location, the old PACE-WIRELESS and PACE-OPEN networks will be retired
- PACE-WIFI and PACE-GUEST will remain as the main wireless networks
UPGRADE SCHEDULE & LOCATIONS:
The table below shows the activation dates for the new network as well as the retirement dates for the old network, listed by location.
PACE-WIFI & PACE-GUEST
PACE-WIRELESS & PACE-OPEN
For more information and/or connecting instructions for the existing wireless networks, please visit the PACE-WIRELESS and PACE-OPEN pages. Please note that PACE-WIRELESS and PACE-OPEN will be retired soon.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK WITH US:
Your feedback regarding your experience connecting to PACE-WIFI or PACE-GUEST is important to us and can help us make additional improvements. Please take a few minutes to fill out the short survey at (www.pace.edu/wifi-upgrade).