As described in the NYFC Constitution, duties and membership of the faculty affairs committee consist of the following:
a) The Committee on Faculty Affairs is composed of up to 13 elected voting members of the NYFC.
b) This Committee shall have primary committee responsibility for all matters related to working conditions, and work rules. The committee's duties shall include, but not be limited to, the formulation of and review of policy regarding teaching loads, hiring, promotion and tenure and will have responsibility to report its recommendations to the Council on all revisions to the Faculty Handbook.
c) The chair of the Fringe Benefits committee is an ex-officio member of this committee and will report to this committee. The duties of this committee are outlined in Section 7 below.
d) The chair of the Handbook committee will be an ex-officio member of this committee and will report to this committee. The duties of this subcommittee are outlined in Section 10 below.
e) This Committee will make policy on and monitor compliance with academic freedom
f) Faculty from the NY campus who are representatives to any committee of the Board of Trustees that deals with budget and planning shall be ex-officio members of this committee.
g) The committee shall coordinate its efforts with those of other standing committees.
Allocated: 13 members and 2 alternates
Currently has: 13 members and 0 alternates
Committee members: (Fall 2017 - Spring 2019)
- Walter Antognini (Legal Studies & Taxation)
- Susan Berardini (Modern Languages/Cultures)
- Matthew Bolton (Political Science)
- Kimberly Collica-Cox (Criminal Justice and Society)
- Ida Dupont (Sociology and Anthropology)
- Cathy Dwyer (Information Technology)
- Lisa Farber (Art)
- Casey Frid (Management and Management Science0
- Bill Offutt (History)
- Dan Strahs (Biology)
- Martin Topol (Marketing)
- Emily Welty (Women and Gender Studies)
- Robert Wiener (Legal Studies and Taxation)
- Faculty Affairs report to JFC Spring 2009
- Adjunct Faculty Agreement Mar. 31, 2009
- Faculty Affairs report for Dec. 2008
- Faculty Affairs report for Oct. & Nov. 2008
- Faculty Affairs report for September, 2008
- Faculty Affairs report for April, 2008
- Faculty Affairs report for March, 2008 (DOC)
- Faculty Affairs report for February 12, 2008 (DOC)
- Faculty Affairs report for February 4, 2008 (DOC)
- Faculty Affairs Report for December 3, 2007 (DOC)
- Minutes of September 25, 2007 meeting (DOC)
- Minutes of January 29th meeting (with resolutions) (DOC)