As stated in the NYFC Constitution, the duties and membership of the Scholarly Research committee are composed of the following:
a) The Committee on Scholarly Research is composed of 15 elected voting members of the NYFC. Two additional alternate seats are reserved for tenure-track and contingent faculty of the NYFC.
b) The duties of the Committee on Scholarly Research are:
- To make policy recommendations to the NYFC on all matters pertaining to providing support in the form of released time and/or direct financial support for scholarly research;
- To meet at least once each semester to consider requests by faculty for support for scholarly research.
Currently has: 15 members/2 alternates Allocated: 15 members/2 alternates
Committee chair: Zafir Buraei (Biology)
Current committee members: (Fall 2015-Spring 2017)
- Zafir Buraei (Biology)
- Canan Corus (Marketing)
- Amy Foerster (Sociology and Anthropology)
- Ronald Frank (History)
- Iuliana Ismailescu (Finance and Economics)
- Erica Johnson (English)
- Jillian McDonald (Art)
- Meghana Nayak (Political Science)
- Yvonne Rafferty (Psychology)
- Joan Roland (History)
- Lisa Rosenthal (Psychology)
- Roger Sayre (Art)
- Namchul Shin (Information Technology)
- Rita Upmacis (Chemistry and Physical Sciences)
- Andrea Voyer (Sociology and Anthropology)
1st alternate: Sethu Karthikeyan (Communication Sciences and Disorders)>
2nd alternate: Leora Trub (Psychology)
Scholarly reseach applications for either release time or research expenses are available on the NYFC's Faculty forms webpage.
- Fall due date: Fourth Wednesday of October (ie, 10/28/15)
- Spring due date: Fourth Wednesday of February (ie, 2/24/16)
- Send completed form via Echosign to your Chair, followed by your Dean, followed by the Chair of the SRC email@example.com
The applications must contain the appropriate signatures and conform to the following. Applicants should allow time for signatures in their planning.
The applications for released time must arrive to the Dean's office before the deadline.
The applications for research expense Funding must arrive to the SRC before the deadline.