As stated in the NYFC Constitution, the duties and membership of the Fringe Benefits committee consist of the following:
a) The Committee on Fringe Benefits shall be composed of the 5 elected voting and 3 alternate NYFC representatives on the University Benefits Advisory Committee.
b) The duties of the Committee on Fringe Benefits are:
- To make policy recommendations to the Faculty Council on matters such as pensions, insurance programs, medical benefits, and other appropriate matters offered through the auspices of the University. In matters where the Faculty Affairs committee has primary responsibility, the benefits committee shall have an advisory capacity.
- To consult with the appropriate officers of the university whenever necessary, regarding the various components of the faculty “benefits package";
- The Chair of this Committee shall be an ex officio (non voting) member of the Faculty Affairs and Budgets Committee.
- The voting members representing the NYFC on the University Benefits Advisory committee will be appointed by the NYFC from the elected membership of this NYFC committee.
Allocated: 5 voting members and 3 alternates
Currently has: 5 voting members and 3 alternates
Committee chair: TBD
Current committee members: (Fall 2017 - Spring 2019)
- Walter Antognini (Legal Studies and Taxation)
- Burcin Col (Finance and Economics)
- Imran Chowdhury (Management and Management Science)
- Aron Gottesman (Finance and Economics)
- Charles Tang (Accounting)
- Esma Paljevic (Nurse Education)
- Rebecca Tekula (Public Administration)
- Sharon Wexler (Nurse Education)