As described in the NYFC Constitution, duties and membership of the grievance committee consist of the following:
a) The Faculty Council Grievance Committee shall be composed of three regular and three alternate faculty members who shall be elected to two-year terms.
- Members shall not serve more than two consecutive terms;
- The NYFC will develop procedures for electing the regular and alternate members and for staggering terms.
b) The committee shall be available to implement any University-Wide Grievance Procedure adopted by the faculty and the administration.
Allocated: 3 voting members and 3 alternate members
Currently has: 3 voting members and 3 alternate members
Committee secretary: Ellen Weisbord
Committee members: (Fall 2011 - Spring 2013)
- Joseph DiBenedetto, voting member (Accounting)
- Robert Chapman, voting member (Philosophy and Religious Studies)
- Ellen Weisbord, voting member (Management and Management Science)
- James Lawler, alternate member (CSIS)
- Anthony Joseph, alternate member (CSIS)
- Ruis Woertendyke, alternate member (Theater / Fine Arts)