Bilingual Education, Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study
New York City
Empower Multilingual Students
In New York State, there is a high demand for teachers who are dually certified in TESOL and/or bilingual education, as the number of students who are both multilingual and multicultural continues to grow. Teachers in today’s classrooms need to be familiar with bilingual and second language teaching methodologies and multicultural education teaching strategies to work with culturally and linguistically diverse learners in their own classrooms. If you already possess oral and written language proficiency in both English and the native language of instruction, this program is for you. This program can be completed online.
Today’s Globalized Classroom
- Because of our commitment to fostering international collaboration and preparing globally minded teachers, we are one of the only education schools in the region to offer faculty-led, international courses that provide our teacher candidates a hands-on learning experience in Italy and Ecuador.
- Get hired. Our strong partnerships with local school districts mean that our students are getting hired before they even graduate.
- Our coursework integrates key knowledge and dispositions necessary to teach in today’s modern classrooms, using technology to address the specific needs of all learners, including students with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse students.
Take Courses Like…
This 15-credit program leads to initial and professional Bilingual Education Extension, which allows you to teach in bilingual settings and support ELL students.
- ED 551 Foundations of Bilingual Education
- ED 558 Practicum in Bilingual Education
- EDG 609 Language, Literacy and Global Perspectives
Add Opportunities and Experiences
You can also choose from our faculty-led abroad courses in Italy or Ecuador as one of the required TESOL courses!
Choose Your Career
The Advanced Certificate in Bilingual Education Extension is designed to prepare you to become knowledgeable to teach general and subject-specific content in another language at all grade levels. It leads to the Professional Bilingual Education Extension certificate, which allows you to teach in bilingual settings and have your bilingual instruction count for English Language Learners (ELL) services.
of our graduates are employed
Highest Paid Education Graduates (Source: College Factual)
Special Education Job Placement (Source: Intelligent.com)