Work with Young Children and Families!
What Can I do with my Degree?
With expertise in Psychology and an Early Childhood Certification, you can explore many career options, such as:
- Classroom teachers in Community Preschools, Head Start, Universal Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st or 2nd Grade.
- Preschool Director / Child Care Director
- Home Visitor
- Book Author
- Early Bilingual Specialists
Combine that with a dual certification in special education, and you can also consider the following:
- Special Education Teacher
- Early Intervention
What Does Student Teaching Look Like?
At the School of Education, we believe in clinically-rich field experiences for all of our aspiring educators, and our early childhood education program is no exception. Here are some highlights:
- Student teach full time your last spring semester
- Work in an early childhood classroom
- Choose to be in a preschool, Universal Pre-K (NYC), Kindergarten, 1st or 2nd grade
- We partner with amazing schools in all five boroughs and Westchester
- Many students choose their own settings
Pace-based merit financial aid can be applied to the fifth year within Pace's policy.
Students are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 for full admission to the School of Education graduate program. Provisional admission of students with a GPA of 2.75-2.99 is possible, given consideration of other admissions elements. This follows the current admissions policy for traditional MST Early Childhood Education programs.
Apply by spring semester, junior year.
Dr. Raquel Plotka
Phone: (212) 618-6950