We are grateful to our College of Health Professions (CHP) Community preceptors. As a token of appreciation for your mentorship, the following PACE Preceptor Perks are available:
Pace Preceptor Perks for the College of Health Professions
- You are eligible to apply for a courtesy appointment as a clinical assistant/associate faculty member.
- Following the application and appointment of qualified applicants, your name will be listed in select Pace Publications. To apply for courtesy appointments as a clinical associate faculty, email the chair/ program director or clinical coordinator and state interest. The chair/program director will submit your resume and a letter of intent to Patricia Ketterer, assistant dean, Finance.
- Online Access at Computer Resource Centers, Libraries, and Research Resources
- Receive free online access at campus Computer Resource Centers, libraries, and research resources including access to the Pace wireless network when on campus. To gain access, you must apply for a PACE ID. Please contact the academic clinical coordinator.
- Free entry or discounted tickets to Schimmel Theater Shows in New York City
- Free entry or discounted tickets to Pace Setters sporting events in Pleasantville
- Free entry to the art gallery displays at the Pleasantville Campus in the (pink) Choate House.
- Professional Development
- CHP offers numerous professional development workshops throughout the academic year. Preceptors will be invited to attend these workshops along with monthly Grand Rounds, colloquia, CHP Scholarship Day, and CHP Research Day. For more information, please contact the Center of Excellence for Advancing Leadership, Partnerships, and Scholarship (ALPS) at (914) 773-3726.
Program-specific Preceptor Perks
- Completion of ANCC Preceptorship Verification Form\
- A chance to win an Apple product during our regular drawings
- The Lienhard School of Nursing will enter preceptor names into a raffle to win Apple products three times a year. All preceptor names are entered once for each student they have precepted, so the more students precepted, the better the odds of winning.
- Alumni/Preceptor Reception
- The Lienhard School of Nursing holds an annual reception for alumni/preceptors at the New York State Nurse Practitioner conference. Information will be sent to all preceptors when it becomes available.
Nutrition and Dietetics
- Completion of CPEU Preceptorship Verification Form (RDNs only)
- 1-25 Contact Hours (1 CPEU)
- 26-50 contact hours (2 CPEUs)
- 51 and greater contact hours (3 CPEUs)
- Special Guest admission rates to professional development workshops
Occupational Therapy Program
- 1 Professional Development Unit (PDU) per Level I student and 1 unit per 1 week of Level II fieldwork supervision (up to a max of 18 units per fieldwork over 3 years) towards NBCOT recertification.
- Access to MOTEC Clinical Education events worth continuing education credits
- Special Guest admission rates to Professional Development Workshops
Physicians Assistant Program
- AAPA Category 1 CME Credits for Clinical Teaching (PA PLV ONLY)
- Preceptors are eligible for a maximum of 10 category 1 CME credits per calendar year. CME credit is currently limited to preceptors who are licensed and practicing physician assistants. For additional information, please contact or Mary Anne Aylward Clinical Education Coordinator.
Communication Sciences and Disorders
Invitation to attend Greater New York Council of Academic Clinical Educators in Communication Sciences and Disorders annual conference, offered for supervisors at reduced rate.
To become a preceptor please contact the clinical coordinator for your program
Lienhard School of Nursing
Graduate Clinical Placement and Recruitment
Adjunct Recruitment and Undergraduate Clinical Placements
Graduate Clinical Placement
Laura M. Hernandez, MSN, RN
Graduate Clinical Support
Health Science Program
Clinical Coordinator and Clinical Assistant professor
Nutrition and Dietetics
Department Chair | Clinical Coordinator
Academic Fieldwork Coordinator
Physician Assistant Program in Pleasantville
Mary Anne Aylward
Director of Clinical Education and Clinical Associate Professor
Clinical Staff Associate
Physician Assistant Program, NYC
Communication, Sciences, Disorders
Clinical Externship Manager
Are you seeking outstanding employees? Advertise open positions through the job portal
Handshake is an application management tool for employers and students. Follow the link to start the process now to post your position on Handshake. If you need any assistance with posting, contact Career Services at (212) 346-1950 (NYC Campus), or (914) 773-3415 (Pleasantville Campus).