“Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge” – Carl Sagan
“You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish. I have no responsibility to be like they expect me to be. It's their mistake, not my failing.” - Richard Feynman
Dr. Michael Strobel is a University Professor and Industry Principal Consultant. He is currently consulting as the Academic Accreditation Officer for the U.S. Army’s Armament Graduate School at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ for Department of Education and Middle States Accreditations and is a Clinical Professor at the Pace University Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems in New York.
A former Senior Member of Technical Staff, Senior Business and Systems Analyst and retired U.S. Naval Officer, he is a Senior Member of the IEEE and SBE and member of ISACA (Gold Grade), PMI, INCOSE AIS and HFES .He is experienced in Project Management, IT Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC), Audit, IS and Physical Security, Information Systems, Communications Engineering, Finance, Digital Media, Human Factors, Aerospace and Government. His commercial experience spans 30 years in communications, aerospace, information systems, manufacturing and independent consulting. A retired US Navy Engineering Officer with Engineering and Antiterrorism Security command assignments, he has 31 years of active and reserve service and is a Clinical Professor at Pace University for the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems.
Awards and Honors
- Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems, 2020, Faculty Marshall
- National Honor Society for the Technologies, 1986, Tau Alpha Pi
Licensures and Certificates
- ISACA, CISM - Certified Information Security Manager The uniquely management-focused CISM certification promotes international security practices and recognizes the individual who manages, designs, and oversees and assesses an enterprise’s information security.
- ISACA, CISA - Certified Information Security Auditor he CISA designation is a globally recognized certification for IS audit control, assurance and security professionals. Being CISA-certified showcases your audit experience, skills and knowledge, and demonstrates you are capable to assess vulnerabilities, report on compliance and institute controls within the enterprise.
- SBE, CBT - Certified Broadcast Technologist Broadcast Engineering level 1 certification for audio and video engineering.
- National Honor Society for the Technologies, Tau Alpha Pi Academic Excellence in the study of Technology.
- New Jersey, Notary Public Certified Notary Public, State of New Jersey.
PhD, Pace University - Seidenberg School, New York City, 2022
M.E. "Masters in Engineering", Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, N.J., 2017
Masters Certificate, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, 2010
Space Systems Engineering
MA, State University of New York - Empire State College, Saratoga Spring,NY, 1999
Business and Policy
MS, Polytechnic University (NYU Tandon School), Westchester, 1999
Information Systems Engineering
BS, State University of New York - Empire State College, Saratoga Spring,NY, 1989
Science and Mathematics
AS, City University of New York - Queensborough Community College, Queens, NY, 1987
Electrical Engineering Technology
Research and Creative Works
Technology Adoption, Decision Theory, Artificial Intelligence, Speech Recognition, Technology Maturity - Readiness and Systems Readiness, Systemic Thinking, Security, Aerospace, Human Systems Integration (HSI).
CS 600: Independent Study in CS
CS 600: Indpndnt Study in CS (Grad) B
CS 600: Indpndnt Study in Grad CS
CS 607: Simulation & Cmptr Ntwrk Anlys
CS 633: Data Communications & Networks
CS 636: Optical Comm & Networks
CS 637: Wireless Communications
CS 693: Thesis I
CS 694: Thesis II
CYB 611: Introduction to Cybersecurity
CYB 621: Information Security Mangement
IS 600: Grad IS / Ind Study (A)
IS 600: Grad IS / Ind Study (B)
IS 617: Information Systems Principles
IS 632: Business Data Communications
IS 632: Business Telecommunications
IS 637: IS Project & Change Mngmnt
Publications and Presentations
The Application of Technology Maturity Metrics for Adoption of Artificial Intelligence Technologies "A Study of the Emergency Management Technology 9-1-1 Service using Speech Recognition"
Strobel, M. F.
Professional Contributions and Service
- Association of Information Systems
- The International Council on Systems Engineering [Member - Liberty Chapter - Greater New York]
- Project Management Institute [Member]
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association [Member (Gold)]
- Society of Broadcast Engineers [Senior Member]
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers [Senior Member]
- ASSC - Accreditation Steering Sub-Committee [Committee Chair]