There are many national scholarships which Pace students can apply for, both governmental and private. Dyson College is committed to helping you pursue external awards if you choose. Among them are traditionally prestigious private awards like the Rhodes, Mellon, Goldwater, and Udall scholarships, and federal ones like the Fulbright and National Science Foundation awards, in addition to other national awards given by such organizations as the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities.
Pace has many internal scholarships and awards to help its students meet their college expenses. The criteria may involve academic merit, financial need, or both. In most cases students do not apply directly for these awards; instead, the academic departments and Financial Aid identify candidates from University records. For more information consult Pace University's Financial Aid department.
Dyson College Scholarships and Awards
Some Pace assistance is meant specifically for Dyson College undergraduates and graduate students. Like other internal Pace awards, most are initiated by academic departments or Financial Aid. They may be based on many different kinds of criteria in addition to merit or need—awards for students following certain majors, for underrepresented groups, for women, or for specific activities like study abroad. Some target specific times in your academic progress—for example, awards for sophomores or for graduating seniors or graduate students.
Below are links to just a few of the many national scholarship competitions. Full details on eligibility and applications are available from the providers. For any awards that require you to work with an institutional representative, contact the Dyson College Dean's office. Feel free to ask for help from faculty or the Dean's office in preparing applications.
- Coro Fellows in Public Affairs (degree or graduate work required)
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO) (seniors or recent graduates)
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarships (sophomores and juniors)
- Hertz Foundation (graduate students in physical sciences)
- Henry Luce Foundation Scholarships (graduate before grant begins)
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (graduate or undergraduate; many other related links here)
- James Madison Memorial Fellowships (senior or recent graduate)
- British Marshall Scholarships (recent graduate)
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowships (senior or recent graduate)
- New York State Professional Opportunity Scholarships [inquire at Dean’s office]
(minority undergraduate or graduate in a professional program)
- NY State Undergraduate Session Assistants Program [inquire at Dean’s office]
(juniors and seniors; semester spent in Albany)
- Rhodes Scholarship (recent graduate)
- Soros Fellowship for New Americans (for graduate study)
- Harry S. Truman Scholarships (juniors)
- Morris K. Udall Scholarship (sophomores and juniors)
- U.S. National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Internships (juniors and seniors)
- U.S. National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships
- World Cultural Exchange Fund (PDF) (short-term international field studies trips)