Membership is open to students, faculty, and alumni of Dyson College who meet eligibility requirements and contribute to the goals of the Society of Fellows.
Enrolled students of Pace University who demonstrate excellence in scholarship or in artistic creativity will be invited to become fellows if they meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3.3 QPA (cumulative quality point average); exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Participation in at least two Society of Fellows-sponsored events; one of these events must be presentation of research or artistic projects at the annual meeting.
- Submission of an outstanding signature work of scholarship or creative expression; to fulfill this requirement, the candidate may use a full-length paper or artistic project submitted for the annual meeting.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member attesting in detail to the quality of the academic work and achievements that are being submitted for the candidate’s advancement to fellow.
- Attendance at the initiation ceremony held annually during the spring semester.
All completed applications meeting eligibility requirements will be reviewed and voted on by the Faculty Executive Board of the Society of Fellows of Dyson College.
Faculty qualify to become fellows when they serve two or more times as mentors of research papers or artistic projects presented at the annual meeting. Faculty also are recognized for sponsoring student works accepted for publication in Transactions, and for serving as weekend seminar leaders. Faculty and alumni of Dyson College who share and further the aims of the society in other outstanding ways also may become fellows.