Nursing, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, MS
New York City
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
Make a difference in the health of adults and older adults with acute, chronic or complex illnesses as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. In this program, you will be expertly prepared to work with adult populations in acute and critical care settings including hospitals, specialty clinics, and long term care, within an evidence-based, primary health care framework.
GAIN REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE
- Study with faculty who are leading practitioners in the field.
- Clinical partnerships with more than 200 clinicians and health systems.
- Meets the ANCC and AACN requirements for Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification.
TAKE COURSES LIKE…
- NURS 662 Intro to Acute Care Advanced Nursing Practice
- NURS 681 Pathophysiology For Advanced Practice Nursing
- NURS 802 Leadership for Advanced Nursing
Graduates are prepared to deliver culturally competent, evidence-based, primary health care to individuals with acute, chronic, or complex illnesses within acute and critical care setting.
ADD OPPORTUNITIES AND EXPERIENCES
You will participate in simulated patient experiences and advanced skills labs to enhance critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning in our state of the art Center for Excellence in Healthcare Simulation. Additionally, you will complete 550 precepted direct care clinical hours in the acute care setting under the supervision of experienced acute care clinical faculty. As an evidence-based practice capstone project, you will implement and evaluate the use of best practices in the acute care to improve the care of adults and older adults.
CHOOSE YOUR CAREER
Graduates work as specialized healthcare professionals in acute care settings including hospitals, specialty clinics, and long term care facilities. Nurse Practitioners holding the AGACNP degree can continue on to CHP’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
Graduates are specialized nurse practitioners in adult-gerontology acute care and are employed in a variety of settings including medical/surgical, trauma, and intensive care units; inpatient and outpatient specialty care clinics; and long term care facilities.
median pay (Source: Payscale.com)
increase in NP jobs through 2026 (Source: U.S. Bureau for Labor Statistics)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Must be a graduate of an accredited baccalaureate program in nursing
- Be licensed as a registered nurse in New York State
- Demonstrate scholastic aptitude as evidenced by previous academic work, motivation, leadership potential and maturity
- Have an undergraduate cumulative QPA of 3.0
- Evidence of successful completion (grade B or higher) of an undergraduate statistics course is required
- Submit an essay, professional resume, and recommendations as described in the application
- Submit official transcripts from each academic institution previously attended
- A personal interview may be required
- Applicants for the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Master of Science or the Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies program must have one year of inpatient/acute care experience
- No standardized admissions test (GRE or Miller Analogy) is required