For the Love of Knowledge
Hone your analytical thinking skills and embrace your love of knowledge in our Philosophy and Religious Studies Department. With a degree program tailored to your interests and aspirations, you will study a variety of ideas from the philosophical tradition and delve into world religions, gaining a deeper understanding of human thought, existence, and relationships. In strengthening your skills of discernment, analysis, and empathy, you’ll graduate prepared for further study or to take on an exciting career in our ever-changing world.
We help you develop skills that command instant respect: clear thinking, careful analysis of texts, a sophisticated ability to interrelate important ideas in terms of basic assumptions and solid conclusions, and an empathetic appreciation of the faith and traditions of others. Above all, you will find in our department a mind expanding and dramatically enriching opportunity to become the kind of engaged person the world will take seriously and find interesting.
Bring your studies to life in Italy! Each spring, a group of Pace students embarks on a three-week trip to Rome for first-hand experiences with the city’s remarkable history, art, architecture, urban planning, religion, and culture.
Did you know?
Did you know many noteworthy and famous individuals majored in philosophy?
- The co-founders of PayPal and Flickr
- The former CEOs of Time Warner, Fannie Mae, Hewlett Packard, and Overstock.com
- Hedge fund manager, investor, and philanthropist George Soros George Soros
- NBA coach Phil Jackson
- Harrison Ford
- Chris Hardwick
- Steve Martin
- Susan Sarandon
- Alex Trebek
- Gene Siskel
- Jay Leno
- Bruce Lee
- Thomas Jefferson, US President
- Rahm Emanuel, White House Chief of Staff and Mayor of Chicago
- Vaclav Havel, President of Czechoslovakia
- Aung San Suu Kyi, activist and Nobel Peace Prize winner
- Robert McNamara, US Secretary of Defense
- David Souter, Supreme Court Justice