Nursing, Accelerated Bachelor of Science
New York City
Reimagine Your Career
Are you looking to reimagine your career, and move into the rapidly expanding field of nursing? The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is designed for people with non-nursing degrees who want to transition into a career where they can make a major difference in the lives of others—and their own.
Accelerate Your Career Change
- Accelerated nursing curriculum completed in one year, full-time, over three semesters
- Hands-on clinical experience built into all three semesters
- NCLEX-RN pass rates well above state and national averages.
Take Courses Like…
Take courses like Fundamentals of Nursing Practice, which introduces you to the fundamental principles related to cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains; Clinical Management in Adult Medical Surgical Nursing, in which the clinical experience in acute and chronic care in a variety of settings provides the opportunity for skill development, clinical reasoning, and patient management; and Organizational and Systems Leadership in Nursing that introduces you to the theory, concepts and practice of leadership in nursing.
- NURS 402: Fundamental of Nursing Practice
- NURS 412: Clinical Management in Adult Medical Surgical Nursing
- NURS 426: Organizational and Systems Leadership in Nursing
The program is a specially designed, accelerated curriculum for non-nurse college graduates who hold a US bachelor’s degree or its equivalent who wish to study nursing in a first professional degree program BS. As a student in the program, you may progress according to a one-year, full-time plan.
Add Opportunities and Experiences
Over the course of attendance in the program, you will complete over 500 hours of clinical experiences in areas including behavioral health, maternal and women’s health, pediatrics, acute, and chronic and critical care. In the final semester, you will complete a capstone experience in a one-to-one preceptorship with a working nurse. This final preceptorship may occur in one of many specialties, including emergency department, ICU, oncology, operating room, NICU, and many more.
Choose Your Career
Where Graduates are Employed
Our students are hired by the most prestigious hospitals and medical centers in the New York metropolitan area, including: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York-Presbyterian, Montefiore Medical Center, Westchester Medical Center, as well as community health centers and private medical practices.
Program completion is one of the quickest in the country at only 11 months
Ranked in top 25% of Best Nursing Schools in New York (Source: Nursing Schools Almanac)
What You Need To Know
- The application deadline for January entry on our Westchester Campus is September 15.
- The application deadline for our September entry on our NYC Campus is February 1.
- Program's applications are not reviewed until all prerequisites have been completed.
- Applications will not be considered for admission until all required documents have been submitted to the Graduate Admission Office.
- Admission to the program is competitive, and class size is limited.
- The program is an intensive, rigorous program, so students must plan to consistently study to be successful. The full-time program requires students to dedicate as many as 36 hours of weekly class and clinical hours, not including study hours. We encourage students to think about personal and professional commitments and the significant amount of time necessary to devote to the program on a daily basis.
- Nursing students are required to undergo background checks and a 10 panel drug screen as part of the clinical clearance process.