Acting for Film, Television, Voice-overs, and Commercials, BFA
New York City
Film, TV, Media Immersion
The Acting for Film, Television, Voice-Overs, and Commercials (FTVC) major prepares the hyphenate (actor/writer/director) via a focus on innovative technologies and holistic well-being. It offers an in-depth approach to the craft of 360 storytelling: acting, writing, and directing while embracing the full spectrum of all. With studio classes, performance opportunities, and individual attention from a diverse panel of distinguished industry professionals, Pace Performing Arts’ FTVC major thoroughly prepares conscious young artists for entry into the film, television, voice-over, and commercial industries.
Train For Tomorrow, Today
- The FTVC major at Pace School of Performing Arts is the first undergraduate university program in the US founded exclusively for training the actor for work in front of the camera and microphone.
- With a conservatory-like model, the FTVC major provides sequential training from day one. Our program includes acting training on camera (film, television, and commercial), script analysis, vocal production/speech, physical preparation, voice-over technique, and film/television history, with hands-on training in content creation, podcasts, and new media.
- Courses are all taught by a diverse faculty comprising award-winning and major motion picture writers, directors, actors, and casting directors.
Take Courses Like…
- On Camera Acting: Back to Basics
- Visual Storytelling
- Acting for Film and Television VIII - Senior Showcase
Add Opportunities and Experiences
Leave With a Professional Reel
While enrolled, students will engage with working industry professionals and be given opportunities to build their networks.
You will apply your classroom learning in various productions, including a senior year showcase/capstone, and leave the program with a professional reel ready to navigate the New York or Los Angeles film and television industry.
Choose Your Career
Students have booked professional acting opportunities while enrolled and have maintained internships with studios, agencies, casting offices, and theaters.
Our global graduates work in network television, studio films, animation series, Broadway, and streaming services worldwide.