Art History, BA
New York City
Content Meets the Visual
Our Art History BA offers courses in the major periods of Western Art History, as well as Latin American Art History, African Art History, and Asian Art History. Making maximum use of the city's resources, classes regularly visit museums and galleries where works of art are examined and experienced firsthand.
History and Theory in One
- Our flexible curriculum allows Art History BA students to double major.
- Well-defined course offerings develop students’ intellectual and intuitive skills to enhance an understanding of visual art practice.
- The Pace University Art Gallery and the New York metropolitan area serve as an extension of the classroom experience, with numerous museums, galleries, and artists’ studios.
Take Courses Like…
This program provides students with a sound education in art history as well as the option of cross-disciplinary studies.
- ART 206 Art History: Renaissance Art in Italy
- ART 218 Art History: African Art
- ART 220 Art History: Aspects of Asian Art
Add Opportunities and Experiences
The Art Department offers career panels in art history every semester, exposing students to opportunities within the field, working in galleries, museums, art fairs, auction houses, historical restoration, as well as advanced degrees of study.
The Pace University Art Gallery on the New York City Campus offers students real-world opportunities to work directly with professional artists and curators to install and promote exhibitions.
Students in the Art History BA program have interned in leading art galleries and institutions, such as:
- Bernarducci Meisel Gallery
- Guggenheim Museum
- Institute for Contemporary Art in Boston
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Museum of the Moving Image
- Neue Galerie
- Rubin Museum
- Yossi Milo Gallery
Choose Your Career
This program prepares students for studies on the graduate level and careers in galleries, museums, and historical art institutions.
Potential career paths for students with a BA in Art History are limitless, but a sampling includes:
- Art teacher
- Museum administration