New York City
A BA Like No Other
One of most unique programs in the United States for young actors interested in devised, ensemble work. Based in New York, with a semester abroad, the BA in Acting balances academics and rigorous training in a highly collaborative environment.
Act, Collaborate, Create
- This is a one-of-a-kind BA theater program in the US that trains the student in the development of an ensemble theater company.
- You will spend your fifth semester at the Institute of the Arts Barcelona in Sitges, Spain. You will complete Pace University academic requirements while training in European-based methods.
- The first three years are dedicated to developing and performing devised projects through collaborative creation of theatrical pieces under the mentorship of established American and international theater professionals.
- You also have room to double major in this program.
Take Courses Like…
Opportunities and Experiences
- The BA in Acting–International Performance Ensemble (IPE) major in the Pace School of Performing Arts is a one-of-a-kind BA theater program in the US. You’ll be trained in script-based acting and in the collaborative creation of original work. Under the mentorship of established American and international theater professionals, you will be trained in the practice of devising, incorporating physical performance, design, writing, and dramaturgy into your original work. This program also provides the young actor with the opportunity to study internationally in the fall semester of the junior year at the Institute of the Arts Barcelona (IAB) in Sitges, Spain. While abroad, students complete their academic requirements while training in conservatory classes in European theater methods. The senior year concentrates on each student’s artistic goals in order to create a successful and fulfilling career.
- The BA Acting major offers a strong liberal arts component that helps nurture well-rounded young artists. The program will prepare you to enter the professional industry in various capacities or continue on to graduate school.
“We give our students the tools to make their own work—to break new ground, push their limits, take risks, and collaborate with others. We cultivate and nurture the artist-creator. We ask our students, what do you have to say?” —Adrienne Kapstein, Program Chair, Acting and Directing programs
Choose Your Career
The BA in Acting major also offers a strong liberal arts component that helps nurtures well-rounded young artists whose goals are to enter the professional industry or continue on to graduate school.
Where Graduates are Employed
Graduates have presented at international theater festivals around the world, starred in film and TV, gone on to graduate school, and much more.