Federal Reserve Challenge
Our department hosts a Federal Reserve Challenge Team, which competes in the Federal Reserve College Challenge each year. The competition, which has regional and national rounds, prompts teams to analyze current economic trends and present suggestions to the Federal Reserve, giving our students real-life experience with current national and international challenges, problem-solving, analyzing and presenting data, and working with professionals in the field of economics.
national titles (most of any school)
Pace Fed Challenge national winners are women
national title winners from Pace landed jobs with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York after graduation
Being involved with our Pace Federal Reserve Challenge Team has its advantages. Many team members have landed high-powered jobs and launched successful careers in economics and its related fields with well-known companies like Federal Reserve Bank of New York, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, New York Life, and ESPN.
Being part of Pace’s Federal Reserve Challenge Team was the most challenging, rewarding, and enriching experience I have ever had!
—Kate Fong ‘23
Analyst, JP Morgan Chase
Fed Reserve Challenge Team News
- Pace University Students Win Record-Breaking Fifth National Title at Federal Reserve College Challenge (Pace Press Release)
- Pace University Students Win Record-Breaking Fifth National Title at Federal Reserve College Challenge (AMNY)
- Federal Reserve Announces College Fed Challenge Winners (Federal Reserve Press Release)
- College Students Have Advice for Jerome Powell (Axios)
- College Students as the Fed (Axios)
- Pace Team Wins Fed Challenge (Westchester & Fairfield County Business Journals)
Pace University Wins 11th Annual National College Federal Reserve Board Challenge (Cision)
This team gives students the opportunity to compete with other schools and test their knowledge of fiscal policy, the US economy, and the role of the federal government in smoothing business cycles.
Why the need for a Fiscal Challenge?
A proper understanding of fiscal policy will help our students grow as scholars, become more informed citizens, and possibly become policymakers themselves. The Fiscal Challenge hosts an annual competition wherein teams of students from around the country devise and defend their own plans for putting (or keeping) the U.S. on a sustainable fiscal path.
The requirements for competing in the Fiscal Challenge are:
- Form a team with your classmates
- Work during the semester to write a detailed plan to achieve the policy goal for the competition
- Send the plan to our review board
- Finalists are selected
- Present and defend your plan in front of the expert policy analysts from top think tanks
We used [the competition] as an opportunity for a deeper bonding experience and a chance to see how fiscal policy can not only help the United States remain on a sustainable fiscal path, but help the most vulnerable among us.
—Brooke Jefferds ’20