New York City
Concentrated Studio Art Program
Our BA program provides you with a concentrated program of art and design with a liberal arts education. You can take courses in digital art, graphic design, photography, video production, animation, drawing, painting, sculpture, and art history, allowing you to gain a wide range of experience in the field.
Grounded in Practice
- Flexible curriculum allows BA students to double major.
- Specialized courses help students to develop critical thinking and experiential problem-solving skills.
- Traditional and innovative new media are explored within the field of art and design.
Take Courses Like…
- ART 245 Art History: History of Photography
- ART 288: Mobile Media: City as Screen
- ART 173 Graphic Design I
Add Opportunities and Experiences
The Art Department offers career panels in art, art history, and design every semester, exposing students to opportunities in portfolio preparation, applying for graduate school, or installing an exhibition.
The Pace University Art Gallery on the New York City Campus offers students real-world opportunities to exhibit their own art and to work directly with professional artists to install and promote exhibitions.
Pace has a partnership with the world-renowned International Center of Photography (ICP), where students can take a number of innovative and professional studio courses at their school that complement the curriculum in photography offered on the NYC Campus.
Students from the Art Department have interned in leading art galleries, artists’ studios, and institutions in New York City, such as:
- Baxter St at the Camera Club of New York
- BBC Studios
- Bronx Documentary Center
- Creative Time
- Gilles Peress Studio from Magnum Photos
- Maison de Papillon
- NBC Universal
- NYC Department of Youth and Community Development
- Purple Throne
- Slag Gallery
- Son of a Gun! Entertainment
Choose Your Career
Our BA program in Art and Design prepares you for a variety of careers or advanced study in the field.
Potential career paths for students with a BA in Art are limitless, but a sampling includes:
- Graphic designer
- Portrait artist
- Social media manager
What You Need to Know
No portfolio is required for admission into the BA in Art program. Students may enter Pace in the BA program and then apply with a portfolio for acceptance into the more focused BFA in Art.