CyberCorps®: Scholarship for Service (SFS) is a unique program designed to increase and strengthen the cadre of information assurance professionals that protect the government’s critical information infrastructure.
Pace CyberCorps® scholars will complete either a bachelor’s degree in computing, a master’s degree in computing, or a PhD in Computer Science, and receive support for two or three years, depending on their pathway.
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- Currently enrolled in, or applied for admission/transfer to, a program at Pace University
- Pursue or intend to pursue a course of study in cybersecurity as approved by the program director
- Be within two years of graduation with a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree, or within three years of graduation with a combined bachelor’s/master’s, or PhD degree
- Have at least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA, and/or a 3.5 graduate GPA
- Meet selection criteria for federal employment, including obtaining a security clearance
- Full tuition and academic fees for up to three years
- Annual stipend of $25,000 for undergraduate students/$34,000 for graduate students
- Annual professional development allowances.
- Paid summer internship at a local/state/federal agency between the scholar's first and second year in the program*
- Full-time employment at a local/state/federal government agency*
* The Pace CyberCorps® Scholars are responsible to apply for and obtain a position. The Pace CyberCorps® Program will provide assistance with identifying employment opportunities.
- Be a full-time student
- Maintain a minimum 3.25 GPA (undergraduate)/3.75 GPA (graduate)
- Participate in all Pace CyberCorps® program activities
- Complete the degree/program requirements successfully**
- Participate in a summer internship with a local/state/federal agency***
- Work for a local/state/federal agency in qualifying positions, upon completing academic degree requirements. Length of service depends on length of scholarship support—one year of service for one year of support.***
** Although there will be flexibility in meeting individual student interests and goals, there will be a list of required courses a student must take. Contact the program director to discuss your individual requirements.
*** List of Federal Agencies and Federally Funded Research and Development Centers
Pace CyberCorps® scholarships are offered on a competitive basis. The scholarships are effective for two to three years starting with the fall semester. Scholarship recipients are selected based on:
- Academic performance
- Resume key items
- Letters of recommendation
- Essay outlining the applicant's objectives as it relates to cybersecurity and a career in the government
- Ability to obtain security clearance
The following documents are required to apply:
- Transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended
- Resume highlighting key skills, work experience, honors/awards, GPA
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from faculty or employers
- Statement of purpose describing professional, personal, academic goals, commitment to SFS program, and how the program will help achieve these goals.
- Download the service agreement (PDF), read and sign it.
Submit all application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 30, annually.
Please direct all cybersecurity scholarship-related inquiries, including for application advisement to email@example.com.