The Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR) supports the University’s commitment to educating for active community participation and social responsibility:
- Belonging: we nurture and cultivates a network of individuals who value community and civic engagement.
- Learning by Doing: we provide opportunities that allow individuals to engage
in civic and community engagement.
- Mutual Respect: we value the knowledge, experiences. and leadership of our collaborators to forge reciprocal partnerships that serve community-identified needs and provide access to civic engagement opportunities.
- Continuous Improvement: we're committed to assessment, critical reflection, and growth of our ideas, opportunities, collaborations, and programs.
- Visibility and Recognition: CCAR recognizes and supports engagement and leadership in the area of civic engagement.
- Power of Diversity: we recognize the importance examining civic engagement through diverse of perspectives, experiences, and voices.
- Leading by Example: CCAR advocates for the resources and infrastructure needed to foster a commitment to civic engagement at Pace