Lubin at a Glance
Lubin at a Glance
Academic Programs • National Recognition • The Lubin Professional Experience
FOUNDED IN 1906, Pace University has nearly 13,000 students across its six schools. The Lubin School of Business is a nationally ranked leader in business education. We prepare students to become leaders in management-competent in their chosen fields, multidisciplinary in problem solving, ethically aware, grounded in action, trained in outcomes, and socially responsible. Lubin offers small classes, outstanding faculty, a student-centered environment, convenient locations, and full- and part-time programs in New York City and Westchester County.
4,183 students: 3,249 undergraduate and 934 graduate
The Lubin faculty (107 full-time, 105 part-time) comprises accomplished practitioners and noted scholars whose research is quoted in such major media as BusinessWeek, CNN, Fortune, The New York Times, WABC, The Wall Street Journal, WCBS, and The Washington Post.
Student Exchange Programs
Bangor University (Wales); BI Norwegian Business School (Norway); EM Strasbourg Business School (France); Higher School of Economics (Russia); Hong Kong Baptist University (China); IESEG (France); Lingnan University (China); Nova School of Business and Economics (Portugal); Paris School of Business (France); Regent’s University (UK); Richmond University (UK); Sophia University (Japan); SRH Hochschule Berlin (Germany); Universidad del Pacifico (Chile); Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Spain); University of Adelaide (Australia); University College Cork (Ireland); University of East Anglia (UK); University of Mannheim (Germany); University of Technology Sydney (Australia); and Zurich University of Applied Sciences (Switzerland).
European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
Audencia (France); BI Norwegian Business School (Norway); CEFAM (France); EAE Business School (Spain); EDHEC Business School (France); EM Lyon (France); EM Normandie (France); FOM University (Germany); Grenoble Ecole de Management (France); INSEEC (France); Munich Business School (Germany); Paris School of Business (France); Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (China); Tokyo Keizai University (Japan); Universidad Europea (Spain and Portugal); and Zhejiang University School of Management (China).
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Majors: accounting (forensic accounting, internal auditing), public accounting–CPA preparation, finance, general business, information systems, international management, iPace business studies (online degree completion program for adult students), management (arts and entertainment management, business management, entrepreneurship, healthcare management, hospitality and tourism management, human resources management), marketing (advertising and integrated marketing communications, global marketing management, sports marketing), and quantitative business analysis.
Minors: accounting, arts and entertainment management, business minor for non-business majors, entrepreneurship, fashion marketing, finance, internal auditing, law, management, marketing, pre-law, professional selling and sales management, quantitative business analysis, special events marketing, sports marketing, and tax.
Business Honors Program (BHP)
The Business Honors Program is offered by the Lubin School of Business as a special track within Pforzheimer Honors College. This program is open to Honors students pursuing business majors in the Lubin School of Business and provides them with an enhanced academic experience that will prepare them for leadership roles in global business. Highlights include foundational learning communities, an international study component, an advanced leadership course, a year-long capstone honors thesis sequence in a business area, exceptional mentoring opportunities, and dedicated program directors and faculty and staff advisers on both campuses.
Combined Degree Programs (BBA/MBA, BBA/MS, MBA/JD)
The following five-year CPA qualifying programs combine a BBA in Public Accounting with one of the following master's degree programs: MBA in Public Accounting, MS in Financial Management, or MS in Taxation. All three are registered CPA programs and satisfy the current 150-credit education requirement for the CPA exam. Lubin also offers an MBA/JD Program.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Concentrations: accounting (CPA preparation), financial management (financial management, international finance, investment management), information systems, international business, management (change management, entrepreneurship, human resources management, strategic management), marketing management and taxation. Dual concentration MBAs may be earned, requiring only nine additional credits in most cases.
Fast Track MBA in Financial Management (New York City and Pleasantville campuses)
Fast Track MBA in Marketing Management (New York City Campus only)
The Fast Track MBA is a 39-credit cohort program that can be completed in one academic year. The program begins with a required one-week residential orientation in August and includes full-time enrollment for fall and spring, with courses also required during the winter and summer sessions. Successful applicants must meet specific academic criteria including having earned an undergraduate degree from an AACSB-accredited business school.
Master of Science (MS)
Concentrations: accounting (CPA preparation), customer intelligence and analytics, entrepreneurship, financial management, financial risk management, human resources management, investment management, social media and mobile marketing, strategic management, and taxation.
Executive MBA (EMBA)
A 20-month Executive MBA for managers and professionals that combines online learning with weekend residencies every 10 weeks. This interdisciplinary program is based on large-scale team projects and a series of management skills modules.
Master in Finance for Professionals (MFP)
For business professionals working in finance or those seeking an expedient path to enter the field, the MFP is a one-year, 36-credit MS degree program comprising seven weekend residencies spaced eight weeks apart with online learning in between.
Doctor of Professional Studies (DPS)
A 57-credit, web-assisted, research-based doctoral program for business professionals who have demonstrated career achievement during more than ten years of business experience and earned an MBA or related master’s degree with good academic performance.
Advanced Graduate Certificate Program
A 12-16 credit program offering customized modules in most business fields for those with an MBA or MS in business.
- Lubin's dual accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International is an elite distinction shared by fewer than 3% of business schools in the world.
- Lubin's undergraduate business program is ranked among the top third of business programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in its "Best Colleges" survey. Lubin continues to advance in the rankings and has moved up 41 slots in the last year to its current position.
- Lubin's part-time MBA program is ranked among the best programs nationwide by U.S. News & World Report in its “Best Graduate Schools” survey.
- Lubin is the first US business school to earn exemptions for ACCA certification in accounting.
- Lubin has been recognized in Military Times' Best for Vets: Business School rankings for its commitment to providing opportunities to America's veterans.
- The Lubin School of Business was awarded 3 Palmes and designated as a Top Business School by Eduniversal, an organization which ranks the top global business programs in the world.
- Several of Lubin's finance programs have received prestigious recognition from the CFA Institute and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). This is reflective of the outstanding quality of our finance programs.
- Tax Talent's 2017 Educational Survey Series ranks Lubin's MBA in Taxation third in the nation. The MS programs in Accounting and Taxation, and the undergraduate programs in Accounting, are ranked among the top 20 in the US.
- Lubin has co-branded its MS in Social Media and Mobile Marketing with Media Storm, the second largest independent media agency in the US.
- Notable alumni include: Mark Besca, NYC Office managing partner, EY; Philip F. Bleser, CEO, Global Corporate Bank-North America, J.P. Morgan; Michael Clinton, president, marketing and publishing director, Hearst Magazines; Joseph R. Ianniello, COO, CBS Corporation; David Pecker, chairman and CEO, American Media, Inc.; and Ivan G. Seidenberg, former chairman and CEO, Verizon.
The Lubin Professional Experience, Lubin’s expression of the Pace Path, is a unique undergraduate program that enhances Pace's core business curriculum for Lubin students. Through career-focused coursework, professional experiences, and internships, the program makes students job-ready. Internship experiences are available off- or on-campus. Professional experiences are satisfied through a variety of classroom and co-curricular activities. Students graduate from the program job-ready and experienced in their chosen fields.
- Lubin students invest real money in the Student Managed Investment Portfolio, work on a year-long advertising and integrated marketing communications campaign as part of the American Advertising Federation competition, work in teams on projects for real clients in courses such as Marketing Communications and Public Relations, and participate in international field study courses.
- Students can choose from 20 business professional student clubs, interact with executives, and gain managerial skills and leadership abilities. They can participate in professional competitions and work with real business situations and clients, such as Beta Alpha Psi's annual Best Practices Competition, the annual American Marketing Association's Collegiate Conference, the ALPFA/KPMG-Accounting Case Competition, the Annual GAME Forum for finance students, and the Interactive and Direct Marketing Lab.
- Studying in the business capital of the world, students can experience all that New York City and the surrounding area has to offer. As part of their classes, students visit the New York Stock Exchange; "see the gold" at the Federal Reserve; and intern at top media companies like MTV, NBC, and HBO. Both campuses are surrounded by hundreds of companies, many topping the Fortune 100 list, and Lubin leverages its relationship with alumni and other corporate partners to maximize opportunities at these firms for students.
- Lubin's Executive in Residence Program draws on the school's close links with the business community to bring business leaders to campus from such major corporations as Barnesandnoble.com, CBS, DDB Worldwide Communications Group Inc., Dow Jones and Company, EY, FreshDirect, Hearst Magazines, IBM, Ingersoll-Rand, J.P. Morgan, KPMG, the New York Stock Exchange, Oreck Corporation, PepsiCo, Pfizer Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers, Texaco, Tiffany & Co., U.S. RE Corporation, Vera Wang, and Viacom.
- Corporate executives at the forefront of developments in their industries serve on Lubin advisory boards and ensure the continued relevancy of Lubin educational programs to current business needs.
Entrepreneurial Thinking Across Disciplines
- Lubin students learn entrepreneurial leadership: identifying opportunity, building a financial model and strategic plan, securing the capital and human resources necessary, setting metrics, and executing toward the vision.
- Lubin’s Entrepreneurship Lab (eLab) provides the space, resources, and mentoring for the development of new business concepts. The eLab also hosts speakers, workshops, and competitions. The development of an entrepreneurial mindset can benefit students in every academic discipline, as imagining new ways to solve problems and create value is critical for those interested in starting a new venture, as well as a professional career.
Programming with a Strong International Focus
- The Center for Global Business Programs provides international and domestic institutions an opportunity to differentiate their offerings through a New York City-based module. Custom programs range from a few weeks to a full academic year and are offered during all semesters, including the summer. The Center delivers a dynamic New York City experience that includes company visits and cultural events.
- With more than 4,000 students, the Lubin School of Business has a large and diverse international student population with