Program Goals and Success
PACE UNIVERSITY-LENOX HILL HOSPITAL PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM (NYC)
Program Goals and Success of the Program in Achieving its Goals
Aligned with the Core Competencies of the PA profession
Pace University-Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Program
is deeply committed to:
- Developing within each student a strong foundation in the basic medical and clinical sciences to enable them to meet the life-long challenges inherent in the practice of medicine. (Medical Knowledge)
- Preparing students to communicate effectively with patients from diverse populations, their families, and other healthcare providers. (Interpersonal and Communication Skills)
- Teaching students to have an integrated, patient-and-family-centered view that includes treatment, education, prevention and health care management. (Patient Care)
- Maintaining the program’s commitment to professionalism, leadership, and community service. (Professionalism)
- Equipping students to meet the changing needs of the health care system and to work as collaborative members of the health care team. (Practice-Based Learning and Improvement, Systems Based Practice)
Program and PA Profession Core Competencies
PAs must demonstrate core knowledge in biomedical and clinical sciences and be able to apply this knowledge to clinical care.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
PAs must demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange with patients’ families, professional associates and other individuals within the healthcare system.
PAs must demonstrate care that is effective, safe, high quality and equitable.
PAs must demonstrate a high level of responsibility, ethical practice, sensitivity to diverse populations, and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
PAs must be able to assess, evaluate and improve their patient care practices.
Systems Based Practice
PAS must demonstrate awareness and responsiveness to a larger system of health care to provide patient care that balances quality and cost while maintaining the privacy of the individual patient.