All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution prior to matriculation.
Applicants are required to complete all prerequisite science and math courses with no more than one grade below a "B minus". The prerequisite course list for admission into the physician assistant program is listed below.
- Mathematics (Pre-calculus or Statistics) (3 credits)
- General Biology + Laboratory (8 credits)
- General Chemistry + Laboratory (8 credits)
- Microbiology (3 credits)
- Genetics (3 credits)
- Organic Chemistry + Laboratory OR Biochemistry + Laboratory (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy + Laboratory (4 credits)
- Human Physiology (3 credits)
OR Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II with Laboratory (7 credit minimum)
Students who were previously enrolled in a physician assistant program will not be awarded transfer credit nor given advanced standing toward the required coursework in the Pace University-Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Program.
Advanced Placement (AP) will be considered for prerequisite coursework. In general, if you score a 4 or higher on an AP examination, you are granted college credit.
Courses in Progress or Planned
All prerequisites must be completed at the time of application e-submission to CASPA.
Prerequisite courses greater than 10 years old
All prerequisite courses must have been completed within the past 10 years.