Advanced Concepts in Nursing Put Into Practice
The Lienhard School of Nursing is unique for two very important reasons. The first is our commitment to leadership. We are dedicated to innovation and excellence, and that means you get the finest education possible. You learn through the experience and expertise of the very best, and by exposure to cutting edge theory, technique, and technology. The second reason for choosing Lienhard is Pace’s University-wide commitment to opportunity. That means you are afforded every chance to learn, to practice, to experience, and, ultimately, to succeed. We all choose nursing for different reasons. To many, it's about helping others. Some dream of leadership. Others focus on personal growth. The Lienhard School of Nursing is here to help you define and achieve your goals, whatever they may be.
The Lienhard School of Nursing will be a leader in innovation and excellence in education, research, and practice in primary health care.
LSN prepares diverse nursing leaders in primary health care by supporting innovative pedagogy with technology, integrating scholarship with practice, and fostering partnerships among professionals and communities.
Lienhard Unit Goals
- To produce competent practitioners who meet professional standards and fulfill the missions, values, and philosophies of the Lienhard School of Nursing, the College of Health Professions, and Pace University
- To provide a quality education within urban and suburban settings to serve diverse communities
- To foster teaching, learning, scholarship, and service within a community of integrity
- To prepare nurses to be global citizens
- To educate baccalaureate students in curricula that are process-oriented, providing a broad foundational base for professional nursing practice
- To educate master’s and doctoral students with a depth and breadth of advanced knowledge, skills, and philosophy necessary for advanced nursing leaders to practice in a variety of settings with a primary health care worldview
Nursing, informed by its rich legacy, facilitates health and access to health care for individuals, families, groups, populations, and communities locally, nationally, internationally, and globally. We prepare nurses who provide safe, quality, holistic, patient‑centered care within an evidence-based framework of primary health care in an evolving information age.