Essentials of Human Resources Certificate (SHRM)
About the Class
The Essentials of Human Resources Certificate Program is an introductory course offered in conjunction with the Society of Human Resources Management designed to give you a strong foundation in the core competencies and knowledge groups essential to the HR profession. This course is perfect for those at the beginning of their HR career, those HR professionals looking to reinforce their knowledge base, and for non-HR practitioners who wish to better understand the function of Human Resources and how it intersects with their own roles and responsibilities. Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Resources Management
- Employment Law
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee Development
- Performance Management
Who Should Enroll
- Career changers new to the human resource field
- Supervisors who have responsibility for recruiting, interviewing, and training employees
- Line managers who have human resources responsibilities
- HR Professionals (new and experienced) whose experience has been a single function area
- Certified SHRM participants who need recertification credits (qualifies for 14 credit hours)
Meet the instructor
Ray Rokicki Jr. / MBA/HRM, SHRM-CP, PHR
Ray Rokicki Jr. currently works as the Director of Human Resources for The Oaks at Denville, a SpringPoint Senior Living Community. Immediately prior to the Oaks, Ray was the Senior HR Generalist for the NorthEast Region for Five Guys Enterprises.
- This course is approved for 14 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification.
- This course is approved for 14 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP recertification.