HR Compensation Strategy Certificate
About the Class
Many employers find their compensation and benefits expenditure to be one of their largest in operating their organizations. Without an effective compensation and benefits strategy, an employer may not enjoy the greatest return on its significant total compensation investment. The development and maintenance of an effective compensation and benefits strategy ensures alignment of these programs with the organization’s overall strategy and direction.
This seminar will explore the ins and outs of developing a compensation and benefits strategy for organizations of all types – large and small, for profit and not-for-profit. The seminar will delve into techniques for creating cash compensation and benefits programs that support the organization’s overall strategy. The seminar also will examine critical supporting considerations, including program cost and strategy communications.
Who Should Enroll
- Mid- and Senior level Human Resource Managers, Directors, and leaders
- HR practitioners functioning as an “HR department of one”
At the completion of the seminar, the learner will be able to...
- Describe the elements of an effective compensation strategy
- Describe the process of developing an effective compensation strategy
- Explain the process of developing & costing base pay, variable compensation, and benefits programs aligned with an organization’s compensation strategy
- Describe the process of communicating compensation strategy to various audiences
- Explain the challenges to be aware of when developing and maintaining a compensation strategy
- Describe the process of updating the compensation strategy
- This course is approved for valuable recertification credits by both HRCI and SHRM.
- This course is approved for 7 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP recertification.
Meet the instructor
Jennifer Loftus is an Astron Solutions National Director and Founding Partner. She specializes in total rewards, salary surveys, opinion surveys, and HR technology. Jennifer has 22 years of experience garnered at Astron Solutions, Hay Group, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Eagle Electric Manufacturing Company, and Harcourt General. She has served as WorldatWork Local Network Leadership Council Chair and the West Region representative. She is also a member of New York City SHRM (formerly HR/NY) and the New York Compensation Association.