Practical Project Management Certificate
About the Class
*This class is currently unavailable*.
A thorough understanding of the project life cycle is integral to any Project Manager’s effectiveness and success. This course is designed to cover the fundamentals of project management as outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). This course will introduce students to the Project Management Institute’s (PMI ®) major Process Groups and Knowledge Areas through the use of lectures, experiential learning, case studies and group exercises.
By developing a better understanding of foundational project management, students are prepared to effectively contribute to project design and facilitation within their organizations. This course covers all areas of the project life cycle including initiation, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing as well as how to create a project chapter and additional project documents. Upon completion of the program students will receive a Pace University Certificate of Completion.
- Discussing the tenets of effective project management
- Learning project management methodologies and tools to decrease project risk
- Identifying project scope and communication vehiles
- Developing confidence around project management terms, tools, and definitions
PMP, CAPM, PMBOK, and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Who Should Enroll
- Individuals new to project management
- Professionals looking to take on additional project responsibilities
- Current Project Managers wishing to formalize their project management knowledge
Meet the instructor
Muzette L. Charles
Muzette L. Charles is an engaging and motivated professional, with 15+ years of extensive Project Management experience in the areas of Finance, Marketing, Event Planner, Business Development and Education. She has developed corporate relationships at all levels to be seen as a trusted advisor, establishing a set of cross-functional management and interpersonal leadership skills as a proven financial consultant, public speaker, corporate trainer, sales & marketing exemplified thru expert team building, presentation and listening skills.