About the Lab
Adult communication disorders such as aphasia, Parkinson’s disease and dementia are studied in the lab from empirical as well as descriptive research approaches. Along with the courses taught in the department, in addition to the onsite Speech and Hearing Center, the neurogenics lab offers students, clients and families many opportunities to consult with and learn about potential projects and latest research in the field of adult communication disorders. The lab has several cooperating sites and participates in onsite, off-site as well as multi-partner projects.
For information on study participation or any questions related to the lab, please email Dr. Linda S. Carozza, PhD, CCC-SLP.
Dr. Carozza is an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Pace University, the past Founding Director of the MS program in Communication Sciences and Disorders, and a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at New York University Langone Medical Center. She has authored several books, numerous articles and is a frequent invited speaker. Her research and practice is in adult neurogenic communication disorders.
Perspectives on Dementia from a Speech-Language Pathologist: An interdisciplinary focus; invited publication to the International Journal of Music and Medicine.
PTSD and Cognitive Communication Effects to appear in Language Research in Post-traumatic Stress to be published as part of the Routledge Research in Speech-Language Pathology series.
Select Recent Publications
- Carozza, L. (2022). Understanding Dementia, Invited CEU Presentation, ABC Speech therapy
- Carozza, L. (2021). Academic Careers – Pathways to Leadership, New York State Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Tarrytown, NY
- Carozza, L., DeMetropolis, S. & Voleti, R. (2021). Inside Edition of Medical-Based Speech-Language Pathologists, New York State Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Tarrytown, NY
- Seiges, A. & Carozza, L. (2021) Communicative Stress during Covid-10 Pandemic, Poster, New York State Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Tarrytown, NY
- Carozza, L. (2020) Aphasia Access 24 Hour Intl Event (Invited speaker)
- Carozza, L. and Seiges, A. (2020) 20Q: Dementia - Evidence-Based Strategies for Quality of Life Interventions, Speech Pathology.com.
- Carozza, L., Brancamp, T., Parker, R., & Matarazzo, A. (2018). Social Communication, Life Participation Approach to Aphasia, Panel, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Boston, MA.
- CHP Research Scholarship Award (2021-2022)
- Pace University awarded $2,500 for scholarly research for COVID-19 project 2021
- Pace University awarded $1,500 for scholarly research for COVID-19 project 2020
- Undergraduate Student-Faculty Research Program awarded $750 for Temporal Structure in the Speech of Individuals with Dementia project June 2017