Graduate Degree Application Instructions
FOR FNP/AGACNP/PMHNP MASTERS AND CAGS APPLICANTS ONLY
Applications must be filled out online here.
Fall Term (September Start)
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Master of Science): March 1st
- Family Nurse Practitioner (Master of Science and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study): March 1st
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Master of Science and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study): March 1st, or until class is filled
Spring Term (January Start)
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study): August 1st
- Non-NP applicants for the certificate of advanced graduate studies should contact graduate admissons regarding eligibility for a fall or spring start date. Start date and required credits are determined by gap analysis.
There is a non-refundable application fee of $70 that needs to be paid via credit card when completing the online application.
Submit the following with your online application:
(1) Your resume or typewritten outline, describing at least the past five years of your employment history and significant community, professional, or college extracurricular activities. Please include recognitions of achievements you have received (e.g., licenses, publications, and awards).
(2) A typewritten essay, not to exceed 750 words, that responds to the following:
- Discuss two (2) professional career goals, identifying how your professional experiences to date have prepared you for graduate study at Pace University and how the graduate program will assist you in meeting these goals.
- Describe your plans to alter your professional and/or personal obligations to have the time needed for graduate study, including the required clinical experiences.
- Identify one issue in the United States health care system and discuss the role of advanced nursing practice in addressing this issue.
- PMHNP Applicants Only: In addition to the above, please discuss your interest in this NP specialty, as well as the area of psychiatry.
Essays should be submitted in Times New Roman, 12-point font size, double spaced, with one-inch margins. Include your name and the title of your essay. Additional information regarding your academic performance or professional experience may also be included as a supplement.
(3) Two recommendations from individuals who can knowledgeably comment on your ability to successfully complete graduate study are required. These references may be either academic or professional.
Letters may be sent by your recommenders electronically or forwarded in sealed envelopes. Letters sent electronically to email@example.com must meet the
- Letters must be sent directly from recommender.
- Letters sent directly from applicants will not be accepted.
- Letters must be on official letterhead and must include the recommender’s signature.
Visit the Forms and Brochures page for access to printable Recommendation Forms.
Transcripts from every accredited college or university attended (not just the degree granting institution) must be sent either to Pace University, directly from the academic institution electronically or by mail, or forwarded by the applicant in sealed envelopes from the academic institution.
Academic records issued in a language other than English are required to be translated and attested to by the institution of origin or a Pace-approved translation agency accredited through NACES. Transcripts are considered official only if they are sent directly to Pace University from the educational institution of origin, or forwarded by:
- Any NACES-accredited translation evaluator preferred OR
- The student’s Ministry of Education OR
- A US consular officer OR
- An EducationUSA adviser OR
- The Institute of Foreign Credential Services: www.ifcsevals.com
Applicants may send unofficial copies of all transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org for the initial processing and review of your application. Please include your name and program of interest. If you are admitted, your offer is contingent upon the receipt and verification of all official printed transcripts.
Applicants who have earned a degree or completed coursework at Pace University will not be required to submit a transcript from Pace University, but are required to indicate on the application that they have attended Pace. Transcripts from all other institutions attended are required and must be submitted to be considered for admission.
Applicants to the MS program may be asked to participate in an interview.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
If you earned a bachelor’s degree in a country where English is not the official language, you are required to submit a TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson PTE score. The ETS reporting codes for Pace University are: New York City, 2635, and Westchester, 2644. Students who submit proof of citizenship from a country where English is the official language may have the English language proficiency test requirement waived.
Note: Graduate nursing students are expected to effectively communicate in oral and written English across their academic program. All documents submitted in support of an application for admission become the permanent possession of Pace University and cannot be returned to the applicant or photocopied for the applicant. For your records, please make photocopies of all materials submitted, except for transcripts and recommendation forms, which must be received unopened in the original sealed envelopes. International students are only eligible for the ABSN one-year program
For questions, please contact Graduate Admissions at (212) 346-1531 or email@example.com.