The Student Technology Fee Committee would like to hear from you!
Pace University assesses a Technology Fee to ensure students have access to the latest instructional technology resources available. The fee is earmarked for instructional technologies to keep Pace up to date with the technology needed for today’s teaching and learning methodologies. All revenue generated from the technology fee goes directly towards funding instructional technology initiatives.
A committee comprised of students and IT representatives from each school will review proposals and vote to select discretionary initiatives receiving funding each year, with annual reports to be provided to the Pace community.
Fee Proposal Eligibility Requirements
All technology purchased and implemented by the Technology Fee must have the ability to be supported by current staffing levels in university areas. If specific departments request technology that will be used in their areas, they should include an explanation of how it will be supported within their area.
The Technology Fee is intended to fund projects and initiatives that benefit the largest amount of the student population possible. Submission of projects that benefit small groups of students or otherwise restrict access to Technology Fee funded equipment is discouraged. Academic areas should seek funding from their Deans and Chairpersons prior to seeking funding from the Technology Fee. All technology purchased and implemented by the Technology Fee must have the ability to be supported by current staffing levels in university areas. If specific departments request technology that will be used in their areas, they should include an explanation of how it will be supported within their area and also made available to the student population at large.
Purchase of technology related equipment, software, and/or services used in direct support of student instruction and that will be made available to significant portions of the student population (i.e., entire campus, etc.) in the following categories:
- Classroom Enhancements and Instructional Equipment
- Collaboration/ Feedback Technologies
- Blended/ Online Learning Technologies
- Assessment of Learning
- Digital Content for Learning
- Co‐Curricular Support
Enterprise-wide licensing of software and/or services that will be available to significant portions of the student population.
- Employment of full-time/part-time faculty or staff
- Stipends of any kind
- Funding of University Learning Management System (add-ons to LMS are permitted)
- Funding of library databases
- Funding of administrative/general purpose technology hardware/software/subscriptions
- Funding of ink, toner, paper, supplies, film, or other consumables required for the ongoing operation of hardware used to produce physical output (ie: printers, cutters, etc.)
- Any type of reimbursement for equipment, hardware, software and/or services purchased prior to approval by the Technology Fee Committee.
Proposal Submission Deadlines
All proposals must be submitted by the following dates for review and evaluation.
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.
Submit A Funding Proposal
Students are encouraged to submit their own funding proposal to the Student Technology Fee Committee. All timely submissions will be evaluated and considered at the next Student Technology Fee Committee Meeting.
First Student Technology Fee Committee meeting
Tuesday, March 1, 2022 | 3:25 p.m.–4:25 p.m.
Last date for proposal submissions: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.
Second Student Technology Fee Committee meeting
Wednesday, April 27, 2022 | 12:10 p.m.–1:10 p.m.
Last date for proposal submissions: Wednesday, April 13, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.
Meetings will be conducted via Zoom video conference.