Instructions for Pace University Grant Proposal Clearance
Internal approval needs to be procured prior to any grant application submission. All signatures on the Grant Proposal Clearance Form (GPCF) will be accepted through Adobe sign. If you do not have an Adobe Sign, information on how to request an Adobe Sign account can be obtained at Adobe Sign Support.
To obtain the appropriate approval signatures through Adobe Sign, follow the instructions below and use the latest PDF version of the Grant Proposal Clearance Form.
- Download the latest Grant Proposal Clearance Form (PDF).
- Complete the form electronically and leave the signature fields empty. (All signatures will be obtained via Adobe Sign).
- As part of the clearance process, please make sure you have the project description/abstract and detailed budget in Excel Format available.
- Please email your completed Grant Proposal Clearance Form, abstract and budget to Elina Bloch.
- Once your clearance form is received, the Office of Research will review the form for complete accuracy. Once reviewed, Elina Bloch will send out the clearance form for signatures to the Principal Investigator, Chair, Dean and Associate Provost via Adobe Sign.
- Pay close attention to your inbox for an email from Adobe Sign (echosign). The email will provide instructions on how to digitally sign your Grant Proposal Clearance Form via Adobe Sign.
- Once the form is fully approved and signed a copy will be sent to you.
Financial Conflict of Interest Form
*Please use Adobe Reader to complete these forms. Download Adobe Reader free of charge.
For all subawards, the office of research will need the following documents below:
- Biosketch – Required for NSF and NIH applications. See NSF Biosketch information. See NIH Biosketch information.
- Current and Pending Support / Other Support – Required for NSF applications. See NSF Current and Pending Support instructions. For NIH this document is usually required during the ‘Just In Time’ period via invitation from the grant GMS. See NIH Current and Pending Support information.
- Collaborators and Other Affiliations Information (COA) – Required for NSF applications. See NSF COA instructions.
- Budget Justification
- Scope of Work
- Pace Statement of Intent to Collaborate
- Copy of subaward’s Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement
- Letters of Support / Collaboration (if required) – For NSF applications, letters of support usually are not allowed unless the funding opportunity states they are allowed. For letters of collaboration, NSF recommends that you use the following text
“If the proposal submitted by Dr. [insert the full name of the Principal Investigator] entitled [insert the proposal title] is selected for funding by NSF, it is my intent to collaborate and/or commit resources as detailed in the Project Description or the Facilities, Equipment and Other Resources section of the proposal.”
- Pace Financial Conflict of Interest Policy (PDF)
- Pace Grants Policy (PDF)
- Pace University Policy on Research Misconduct (PDF)
- Pace University Limited Submission (PDF)
- Pace University Department of Health & Human Services Indirect Cost Agreement (PDF)
Below is information that may be required for some funding opportunities. If you need additional information or documentation about the University as part of your proposal submission, please contact the Office of Sponsored Research and we can assist with obtaining the necessary materials.
- Tax/Employer ID Number (TIN/EIN): 135562314
- DUNS Number: 064961022
- NAICS number: 611310
- CAGE Code: 0KT12
- UEI Number: Y738A5L1B3V1
- Tax Exempt Status: 501(c)3
- Type of Organization: Private, Non-profit College/University
Authorized Organizational Representative (authority to sign proposals and accept grants)
Avrom Caplan, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Research
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038-1502
Phone: (212) 346-1092
Research Protections Information
- Animal Welfare Assurance No.: #A3112-01
- IRB Registration number: #0003970
- FWA Assurance number: #00023526
Funding Agency-Specific Information
- Institutional Profile Number for NIH: 1191501
- NSF Awardee Organization Code: 0027912000
- NCES/IPEDS Code: 194310
Elected Representation at State and National Levels
- Congressional District, NYC Campus: 10th District
- Congressional District, Pleasantville & White Plains Campuses: 17th District
- State Assembly District, NYC Campus: 66th District
- State Assembly District, Pleasantville Campus: 92nd District
- State Assembly District, White Plains Campus: 93rd District
- State Senate District, NYC: 26th District
- State Senate District, Pleasantville: 40th District
- State Senate District, White Plains: 35th District
Indirect Cost Rates**
- On-Campus: 71.5%
- Off-Campus: 30%
- Indirect costs are charged against salary and wages only
- Negotiated with the Department of Health and Human Services, effective through June 30, 2024. Download the agreement (PDF).
Fringe Benefit Rates FY 23**
- Full-time faculty and staff: 35.86%
- Part-time faculty and staff: 13.40%
- Student wages: 0.65%
- Faculty summer salary: 8.30%
**Please visit the Sponsored Research Budget section for a full description and examples of indirect costs and fringe benefit calculations.
See Pace University Facts and Figures for Census Reports, Fast Facts, Common Data Set (CDS) Initiative, FTE (Full Time Equivalent) Students, Internal Assessment of Recent Survey Administrations, Internal Data Reports