Occupational Therapy, MS
Maximize quality of life of all clients
By enrolling in this program, you will learn the skills to become a competent and ethical OT practitioner who maximizes clients’ quality of life through technology, evidence-based, client-centered, and interprofessional practice.
An Active Learning Experience
- Offers a hybrid learning approach, combining online learning and face-to-face instruction.
- Provides state of the art laboratories, including a model OT apartment and the Center for Excellence in Healthcare Simulation.
- Prepares entry-level occupational therapists to work in both traditional and non-traditional practice settings.
Take Courses Like…
- OTH 525 Professionalism 1: Communication Skills and Inter-professional Practice
- OTH 610 Environmental Adaptation, Home Modifications, and Ergonomics
- OTH 620 Assistive/Telehealth Technology and Virtual Environments
Our curriculum emphasizes four major themes: evidence-based practice and scholarship, occupation-centered and client-centered approach, ethics and interprofessional practice, and innovation and technology. You can complete the didactic coursework and clinical fieldwork education within 28 months.
Add Opportunities and Experiences
We offer students opportunities to collaborate with other disciplines to learn inter-professionally and develop innovative projects. Our state of the art laboratories, including a model OT apartment, provide students hands-on simulated living and valuable learning experiences.
There are opportunities for service learning within the local community and engaging in local and inter-professional clinical fieldwork, and as well collaboration with a faculty advisor for research projects. Additionally, students in this program have the opportunity to participate in a non-profit student-run association: Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA), to increase awareness of Pace OT program and the profession as well as enhance professional development.
Choose Your Career
Occupational Therapist in a variety of settings, including long-term care and skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation centers, hospitals, schools, community mental health, home health, private practices, outpatient clinics, and early intervention programs.
best healthcare jobs of 2023 (Source: U.S. News & World Report)
median salary (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
new jobs predicted to open by 2031 (Source Bureau of Labor Statistics)