Stage Management, BA
New York City
One of the few programs in the US designed exclusively to train you for a stage and company management career, the BA in Stage Management at the Pace School of Performing Arts blends in-class instruction with practical experience and connections to professional opportunities in New York City.
Practice Your Passion
- Build and strengthen the core skills you’ll need to transition into the professional world of theater and film.
- Learn how to communicate and problem-solve though a broad range of hands-on experiences.
- Gain an understanding of the essential technical elements of stage management, including rehearsal and production technique, union rules, and touring. You’ll also learn production management for theater and live events.
Take Courses Like…
- PAPD 110 Fundamentals Scenery and Stagecraft
- PASM 121 Stage Management I
- PAPD 140 Fundamentals: Sound and Story
Opportunities and Experiences
The BA in Stage Management prepares you for careers in stage, production, and company management through a focused four-year program that builds and strengthens the core skills needed to transition into the professional world of theater and film. Along with courses in acting, directing, and design the program offers courses emphasizing communication, prioritization, organizational and problem-solving skills, technical knowledge, familiarity with union rules as well as multiple practicums as production stage managers and assistant stage managers.
Choose Your Career
You will leave the program with the tools and connections to enter into a wide array of stage management and related careers.
Where Graduates are Employed
- Amazon Studios
- National Yiddish Theatre
- NBC News
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival
- Presidential Inauguration Assistant
- Regional Theater
- The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon