New York City
Live, Study, and Train in New York City
The BFA in Acting combines fundamental and innovative industry-focused training to prepare students for the professional world of theater and film/media acting. Taught by current industry professionals and leaders in the field, our BFA in Acting provides both a nurturing and rigorous environment.
Nurturing And Rigorous
- With studio classes, multiple performance opportunities, and personal attention all in the heart of New York City, our BFA program offers a unique and thrilling experience for the young actor.
- In addition to the four-year sequence of major requirements, you can also take musical theater acting and film and TV acting, become certified in stage combat, or enroll in electives like playwriting or directing.
- Our Los Angeles Intensive in the fourth year introduces students to the film and TV industry, and is a game-changer for those planning on moving there after graduation.
Take Courses Like…
- PAAT 311 Acting V: Verse and Heightened Language I
- PAAT 233 Vocal Prod III for the BFA Actor
- PPAT 353 Stage Combat II
Add Opportunities and Experiences
Artistry Meets Industry
Fourth-year students travel to Los Angeles to meet and work with leading industry professionals in on-camera acting technique as well as how to navigate the Hollywood scene.
Past guests of the annual LA Intensive include:
- Tiffany Smith-Anoa’i (EVP of Entertainment Diversity, Inclusion, and Communications at CBS)
- Mary Lou Belli (Emmy Award-winning director, writer, and producer)
- Nat Bernstein (executive producer and writer: Doogie Howser, MD; Ally McBeal; Baby Boom),
- Iris Grossman (Echo Lake Entertainment)
- Ron Butler (Bunheads; It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
- David Marshall Grant (executive producer and writer: Brothers & Sisters; Nashville; Smash; Code Black)
- Ilyanne Morden Kichaven (LA executive director of SAG-AFTRA)
- Matthew Lessall (Lessall Casting)
- Gary Marsh (CEO of Breakdown Services)
- Mike Page (Director of Casting, TNT and TBS)
- Tim Payne (Payne Casting)
- David Rubin (David Rubin Casting)
- Larry Shapiro (Ensemble Digital Studios)
- Mark Teschner (Teschner Casting)
- Seth Yanklewitz (EVP of Casting at MGM Studios).
Choose Your Career
Our graduates perform on stages across the country and abroad. Many are also starting their film and TV careers. Others are creating their own work. Our graduates are also equipped with the tools on how to stay active in their careers even when they are not performing.
What You Need To Know
Audition guidelines on Pace Performing Arts site. Learn more.