Writing and Rhetoric, BA
A strong foundation in writing
Is writing your calling? Are you eager to develop your craft? Intrigued by the professional opportunities available to writers? If so, Pace’s dynamic BA in Writing and Rhetoric is for you. This dynamic program will help you to build the skills you need to succeed in a wide variety of careers available to writers who write clearly, persuasively, and artfully.
Shape Your Future in Writing
- Explore your interests in digital and cultural literacy, scholarly writing, rhetoric, and creative writing, and build your own unique writing and learning experience.
- Set yourself apart with excellent written and verbal communication, critical thinking, and analysis skills.
- Focus your study of writing through different lenses including those of digital and cultural rhetorics, creative and professional writing, literacy studies, new media, and composition theory in order to achieve your personal and professional goals.
TAKE COURSES LIKE…
- ENG 206 Intro to Writing Studies
- ENG 326 The Art of Content Creation
- ENG 303 Language, Meaning, and Behavior
ADD OPPORTUNITIES AND EXPERIENCES
- Pace’s art and literary magazine, CHROMA, publishes students’ original fiction, poetry, prose, artwork, and photography. CHROMA provides a medium through which students can creatively express themselves. To learn more, check out their website.
- Students with an interest in journalism or professional writing and editing gain hands-on experience working on our student newspaper, The Pace Chronicle.
- Sigma Tau Delta is the international honors society of English studies. In addition to leadership and mentoring opportunities, students compete for substantial prizes, scholarships, and awards.
CHOOSE YOUR CAREER
Pace University writing students have pursued graduate education in writing and rhetoric, taught in higher education, collaborated with instructors, and presented scholarship at national and international conferences, secured internships and careers in publishing, interviewed renowned writers, developed podcasts, and published works in literary journals.
Find careers in settings such as:
- Corporate communications
- Education (K–12)
- Higher education (as a professor/at a writing center)
- Non-profit communications
- Public relations