Student Employment at Pace University
For students seeking student employment for the first time, visit the Careers website to get started! You will need to create a new applicant account. You cannot use your Pace Portal credentials to sign in because it is a different system.
For current student employees applying to additional opportunities at Pace, please follow these instructions: How to Access the Internal Careers Site (PDF).
If you need assistance, please email Talent Acquisition, or call (914) 923-2710, Press 1 for assistance.
Please be advised that students with Federal Work Study are eligible to apply to both Federal Work Study and Non Work Study on-campus student employment positions.
International Students should review the following information about on-campus employment: International Student FAQ (being revised) and Curricular Practical Training FAQ (PDF).
- Be sure to arrive on or before the scheduled interview time.
- Dress and present yourself in a manner that conveys the best version of yourself.
- Bring a copy of your resume.
- Be sure to have your available hours ready to be discussed with the hiring manager as well as your anticipated graduation date.
- Interviewers may ask questions about your major, previous work experience and extracurricular activities that relate to the job for which you are applying. Be prepared to speak on all of that and anything else that relates to the job and your interest in the job.
If You're Hired
- You will received an email from the Talent Acquisition Team, outlining the steps. All new hires must visit their Human Resources office either at 161 William Street, 16th Floor, New York, NY, or 100 Summit Lake Drive, 3rd Floor, Valhalla, NY; before their start date. Call (914) 923-2730 to schedule an appointment, or email the Talent Acquisition Team.
- The forms you need to fill out will be included in the original offer email and are filled online.
- These forms include:
- Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 Form. Please pay special attention to the list of acceptable documents (PDF). These documents must be presented by new hires in order to begin working.
- Veteran and Disability Survey
- Human Resources Policy Acknowledgements
- W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- IT-2104 - Employee’s Withholding Allowance & Certificate Instructions (Fill out ONLY if you are claiming taxes on w-4, line 5)
- IT-2104-1 – Certificate of Nonresidence and Allocation of Withholding
- IF APPLICABLE: IT-2104-E - Certificate of Exemption from Withholding (Fill out ONLY if you are claiming exempt on w-4, line7)
- IF APPLICABLE: 8233-Exemption from Withholding on Compensation for Independent (and Certain Dependent) Personal Services of a Nonresident Alien Individual
- You must submit all forms and identification to your campus Human Resources office and cannot begin working until these forms are completed. Failure to submit the forms in a timely manner will result in delay of your first pay check.
- Once all of your paperwork is received the employment record will be created or updated according to the payroll schedule.
- Timesheets will be generated for approval by your supervisor.
- All hours that you work must be entered and approved by your supervisor in order for you to get paid. If your hours are not submitted on the time sheet then you will not receive payment for the hours you have worked.