main navigation
my pace
Human Resources

Student Employment: Applying for On-Campus Jobs

International Students should review the following information about on-campus employment: International Student FAQ (DOCX) and Curricular Practical Training FAQ (PDF).

Visit to get started!

Please be advised that students with Federal Work Study are eligible to apply to both Federal Work Study and Non Work Study on-campus student employment positions.

New Users

  • To search for positions, click the Search Postings link on the left side of the page.
  • To apply for a position, click Create Application link on the left side of the page.

Returning Users

  • To log in enter your username and password
  • This will enable you to:
    • Edit your existing application
    • Apply to new positions without re-entering your application information
    • Review the status of positions to which you have applied.

It is recommended that you do not user your browser's "Back", "Forward", or "Refresh" buttons to navigate the site, or open a new browser window from your existing window. This may cause unexpected results, including loss of data or being logged out of the system. Please use the navigational buttons within the site. For assistance with your application, call the HR office at (914) 923-2730.


  • Be professional by dressing appropriately and arriving on or before the scheduled interview time in order to convey that you are reliable and serious about the job.
  • Bring a copy of your Application for Employment and a Resume if you have one.
  • Also let the Hiring Manager know about any updates to your hours of availability.
  • Be prepared to explain your qualifications.
  • The Hiring Manager may offer you the job on-the-spot or they may let you know they are still planning to interview other students.
  • You may ask them when they expect to make a decision.

If You're Hired

  • Visit your campus Human Resources department at 110 William Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY or 100 Summit Lake Drive, 3rd Floor, Valhalla, NY to submit your New Hire Paperwork.
  • Visit the Human Resources website to print the following forms for New Hires:
    • Personal Data Form and Appendix A
    • Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 Form. Please pay special attention to the list of acceptable documents. These documents must be presented by new hires in order to begin working.
    • Veteran and Disability Survey
    • Human Resources Policy Acknowledgements
    • W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
    • IT-2104 - Employee’s Withholding Allowance & Certificate Instructions (Fill out ONLY if you are claiming taxes on w-4, line 5)
    • IT-2104-1 – Certificate of Nonresidence and Allocation of Withholding
    • IF APPLICABLE: IT-2104-E - Certificate of Exemption from Withholding (Fill out ONLY if you are claiming exempt on w-4, line7)
    • IF APPLICABLE: 8233-Exemption from Withholding on Compensation for Independent (and Certain Dependent) Personal Services of a Nonresident Alien Individual
  • You must submit all forms and identification to your campus Human Resources office and cannot begin working until these forms are completed. Failure to submit the forms in a timely manner will result in delay of your first pay check.

Getting Paid

  • Once all of your paperwork is received the employment record will be created or updated according to the schedule posted on the HR web site under Payroll Calendar>Staffing Deadlines.
  • Timesheets will be generated for approval by your supervisor.
  • All hours that you work must be entered and approved by your supervisor in order for you to get paid. If your hours are not submitted on the time sheet then you will not receive payment for the hours you have worked.