The Learning Commons hires students who are among the highest achievers at Pace. To that end, we place a high value upon faculty referrals. A student who is considered a good fit as a student staff member possesses an ideal GPA of 3.5 or higher (Min 3.3). The GPA is used as a benchmark but by no means is the defining factor of employment. The most important factors include: excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a sense of maturity and responsibility, and an overall desire to help their peers.
Qualifications to become a Peer Tutor
- Advanced understanding of course material (min course grade of B+)
- Superior ability in communicating content knowledge
- Ability to adapt tutoring style to diverse groups of students
Qualifications to become a Peer Academic Mentor
- Upperclassman with exemplary academic development
- Willing and able to articulate academic experiences
- Display behaviors of an independent and life-long learner
Please complete the form below to refer an undergraduate student who you feel would make an excellent staff member.