Biology, BS/Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, MS
New York City
Accelerate Your Career
The accelerated dual-degree program allows you to complete both the BS in Biology and the MS in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in five years. The program provides you with the professional training required for the increasingly dynamic job market in the pharmaceutical, biotech, biochemistry, and molecular biology fields, by integrating a unique, cutting-edge curriculum with a year-long in-depth focus on an independent research project.
Get A Joint Degree
You can apply for acceptance into the dual degree program when you are in the third year of your BS in Biology. In their senior year, students enrolled in this program take 12 graduate BMB credits (3–4 courses) in place of 4 BIO elective courses (12–16 credits). In their fifth year, students take the remaining BMB courses they have not already completed.
The benefit of completing the joint program (versus both programs separately) is that you can take graduate courses in your fourth year, freeing up time in your final year to focus your attention on finalizing your research project. A joint degree program also enables you to start research with a Pace faculty member during your senior year for your capstone course, or even earlier, thus giving you a head start on research.
Take Courses Like…
- BIO 231: Genetics
- BMB 620: Quantitative Methods: Data Analysis and Presentation
- BMB 629: Molecular Biochemistry
The criteria for admission to the graduate portion of the program are as follows:
- Completion of at least 64 undergraduate credits and junior class standing with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- GRE is not currently required.
- Completion of all undergraduate required core economics courses with a GPA of at least 3.3.
- Transfer students may be admitted to the program if they have satisfied all requirements listed above.