Business Economics, BS
New York City
This program has STEM designation, which includes benefits such as an extension for international students and a competitive edge in today’s job market
Economics for the 21st Century
Get a degree that will prepare you to solve today and tomorrow’s complex business problems. By combining economic theory with practical financial studies, this program will prepare you for employment in a variety of business fields including finance, banking, planning, management, government, and teaching.
Learn From the Best
- This program entails required business courses such as accounting, finance, marketing, and business law; consult the curriculum for details.
- Faculty are accomplished scholars and you have the potential to collaborate with them on research projects and present findings at national and regional conferences.
- Internships are plentiful and you'll gain valuable experiences and make the connections you need to launch a rewarding career.
Take Courses Like…
Our rigorous course topics range from the fundamentals of economics, finance, and accounting, to the culminating seminar in your senior year.
- ECO 240 Quantitative Analysis and Forecasting
- ECO 230 Intermediate Macroeconomics
- ECO 380 Mathematical Economics
Chinese Economic Studies Track
The Chinese Economic Studies track offers you a rare first-hand opportunity to learn about the current political, social, and economic dynamics that are impacting the Chinese economy and US-Chinese international relations.
As a result, you will be able to better understand the challenges and opportunities that exist in China today, especially those pertaining to its business environment, financial markets and institutions, and economic development. The key component of this track is a travel course “From Wall Street to the Great Wall” which takes students to historical and cultural sites such as the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City in Beijing, the Banking Museum and the Shanghai Stock Exchange, and the silk factory and the Silk Road in Suzhou. This travel course provides a real world exposure to China’s economic development.
Public Policy Track
The objective of the Economic Policy Analysis and Public Economics track is to give you a solid background in policy development and prepare you for a career in government, politics, and public affairs at the public, private and non-profit levels. You will learn to effectively create, analyze, evaluate and quantify economic public policy, focusing on such policy areas as urban issues, healthcare, government, law, and the environment. Economic public policy analysis also prepares you to go on to graduate school for an MS in Applied Quantitative Economic Analysis and Policy, which is offered at Pace University.
Add Opportunities and Experiences
Join our award-winning College Fed Challenge Team and/or College Fiscal Challenge Team.
Come join our great student organizations like the Economics Society or Women in Economics, in addition to our National Honor Society—Omicron Delta Epsilon.
Choose Your Career
You will be prepared for a career as an economist, financial manager, market research analyst, policy analyst, and much more.
Some of our successful alumni are employed by the following organizations, and other major organizations around the world:
- Bank of America
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve
- Credit Suisse
- Equitable Life Insurance
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Federal Reserve Bank of NY
- Goldman Sachs
- JPMorgan Chase
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Medical Center
- Morgan Stanley
- Northwestern Mutual
- NYC Department of Corrections
- NYC Office of Management and Budget
- New York Police Department
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- Societe Generale
- State Farm Insurance
- Thompson Reuters
- The United Nations