Musical Theater, BFA
New York City
Focused Training, Endless Opportunities
What better place to earn your BFA in Musical Theater than in the musical theater capital of the world? Our BFA in Musical Theater provides you with a strong foundation in acting, singing, and dancing—and the synthesis of these three—to prepare you for a professional career in musical theater, taught by well-connected professionals working in the industry.
Develop Your Unique Talent
- As a conservatory-style program, the Pace School of Performing Arts Musical Theater BFA offers you the opportunity to showcase your abilities and talents while preserving and refining your individuality.
- Learn from well-connected professionals working in the industry.
- Unique course opportunities like Musical Theater Writing, Aerial Arts, and Acting for Film and TV.
TAKE COURSES LIKE…
Our acting, music, and dance courses have all been designed with the professional musical theater performer in mind, and each class seeks to bring together these three disciplines into a cohesive synthesis.
- PAMT 143 Shaping Sounds: Diction and Dialects for the Actor/Singer
- PAMT 421 Musical Theatre Audition Technique
- PAGE 159 Dance Styles
ADD OPPORTUNITIES AND EXPERIENCES
As a musical theater major, you’ll develop and maintain strong ties to professionals in the industry through master classes led by notable members of the Broadway community and the Artist-in-Residence program. Past guests include Aziza Barnes, Andrea Burns, Jeanine Tesori, Michael John La Chiusa, Lonny Price, Otis Sallid, John Doyle, Victoria Clark, and Graciela Daniele.
CHOOSE YOUR CAREER
Some current students and many alumni are performing on Broadway at any given time. Additionally, you’ll find graduates touring nationally and internationally, on film and television.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Please note that the application deadline for fall admission into this program is December 15 and an audition must be scheduled by January 15.