Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, MS
New York City
Go Above and Beyond
Make a positive impact on families and communities as an advanced practice nurse. Go beyond the traditional nurses’ role, and graduate as a highly-skilled practitioner able to treat patients as in hospitals, clinical settings, and private practices.
Contribute to Community Health
- Flexible programming to meet your needs—a unique blend of online and on-campus classes, and individually precepted clinical practicum hours.
- The 42-credit master’s program prepares you to move into a well-paid career delivering health care to patients and families across the lifespan within a primary health care framework.
- The program meets the American Nurses Credentialing Center AACN requirements for Family Nurse Practitioner Certification.
TAKE COURSES LIKE…
Develop skills in history taking, family assessment, cultural assessment, risk assessment, basic laboratory procedures and diagnostic studies, health promotion/disease prevention planning, and appropriate documentation in NURS 640 Advanced Physical Assessment. Advance your knowledge with courses such as NURS 650 Advanced Theory and Practice I for FNPs, where you will build proficiency in comprehensive health evaluation, assessing and managing acute and chronic illnesses. In the FNP Practicum courses, demonstrate your knowledge of advanced pathophysiology, pharmacologic interventions, and implementation primary care practice guidelines.
- NURS 640 Advanced Physical Assessment
- NURS 650 Advanced Theory and Practice 1 for FNPs
- NURS 671 Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum I
Graduates of the program are highly competent and specialized nurses who have mastered the skills necessary to treat individual patients and families, diagnose illness, create treatment plans, and provide support.
ADD OPPORTUNITIES AND EXPERIENCES
Students gain experience through online and on-campus classes and individually precepted clinical practicum hours.
CHOOSE YOUR CAREER
Graduates of our FNP program are specialized healthcare professionals, proficient in high level skills such as creating care plans, collaborating with healthcare teams, ethical and effective decision-making, communication, patient diagnoses.
WHERE GRADUATES ARE EMPLOYED
Graduates enter the field in prestigious institutions, such as NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, Montefiore Medical Center, NYU Langone Medical Center, and more.
Nurse Practitioners (NPs) at #5 out of all occupations (Source U.S. News & World Report Best 100 Jobs Rankings for 2020)
Average salary for a Family Nurse Practitioner (Source: Indeed.com)