The Setter Leadership Awards, hosted by Student Development and Campus Activities (SDACA), is an event held at the end of every spring semester with the purpose of providing recognition to outstanding individuals and organizations who have significantly contributed to the Pace Community—and beyond—throughout the year.
Pace students, organizations, faculty, and staff are nominated by their peers as well as staff. A committee votes to select winners who demonstrate attributes such as leadership, inclusivity, spirit, advocacy, character, dedication, service, and ethics within the Pace Community.
Setter Leadership Awards
- The Dean Emanuel Heller Meritorious Service Award, in honor of the former dean for students, is given to the student organization that demonstrates outstanding collective participation in University and community affairs.
- The Edward J. Mortola Pacesetter Cup, in honor of the third President of Pace University, is presented to the student who exemplifies outstanding leadership qualities as shown by his or her accomplishments in various student activities.
- The J.S. Schiff Senior Achievement Award, in honor of the former provost of Pace, is presented to a graduating senior who has consistently shown dedication and commitment to the Pace Community through their contributions to various activities during their academic tenure.
- The Dean Marijo Russell O'Grady Outstanding Officer of the Year, in honor of the former dean for students, is awarded to a student who is committed to the mission of the organization and the University, exemplifying consistent ethical decision-making while challenging themselves and members of their organization to be purposeful advocates in the positive representation of student needs.
Golden Setter Organization Awards:
- Advisor of the Year is given to the staff and/or faculty member who has shown outstanding initiative and inspiration as an advisor to a recognized student-run organization.
- Outstanding Fraternity Member of the Year is given to an individual fraternity member who exemplifies their chapter’s values and principles as described in their chapter’s ritual. They show outstanding and continued service to the Greek community; strong academics; significant campus and community participation; strong personal character; and serve as a positive role model.
- Outstanding Sorority Member of the Year is given to an individual sorority member who exemplifies their chapter’s values and principles as described in their chapter’s ritual. They show outstanding and continued service to the Greek community; strong academics; significant campus and community participation; strong personal character; and serve as a positive role model.
- Outstanding Student Organization Members of the Year recognizes a student who significantly contributed to an organization and enhanced the social, recreational, educational, and/or cultural life of students and the general Pace Community.
- Outstanding Collaborative Program of the Year is given to the collaborating student-run organizations and/or University departments that created a social, educational, or cultural program exemplifying teamwork between the organizations and allowing participants to have a meaningful experience outside the classroom.
- Outstanding Traditional Program of the Year is given to a recognized student-run organization for hosting annual events or series that has been in existence for at least three years, is unique to Pace, and continues to enhance the social, educational, and/or cultural life at the University.
- Outstanding Innovative Program of the Year is given to a recognized student-run organization for the implementation of a new or reimagined program that has shifted the culture by embracing and driving positive change to the social, educational and/or cultural experience at Pace.
- Outstanding Greek Organization of the Year is given to the Greek organization and/or council that has significantly enhanced the student experience at Pace.
- New Student Organization of the Year is awarded to the student-run organization that have made a significant impact on student life during its first two years of existence.
- Organization of the Year is awarded to the student organization that has consistently improved and contributed to the development of the Pace Community.
Setting the Pace Awards:
- Outstanding Social Change Maker is awarded to the individual whose efforts in driving social justice and change to create inclusive spaces, programs, and/or experience has significantly enhanced the Pace Community at large.
- Outstanding Emerging Leader of the Year is awarded to a first-year or second-year student in recognition of their outstanding accomplishments and demonstration of student leadership that reflects a strong character and commitment to the Pace Community.
- Jefferson Awards recognize a student for their dedication to public service and advocacy in improving the quality of life within different communities.
- Alumni of the Year is awarded to a Pace graduate who has consistently returned to support and contribute to Pace’s student body.
- Student Spirit of the Year is awarded to a student who exemplifies school spirit and pride for Pace by showcasing what it means to be a Setter.
- Indelible Mark Student Award is given to a Pace student who will leave a legacy of outstanding contributions that have significantly and positively influenced the Pace student body.
- Indelible Mark Staff Award is given to a Pace faculty, staff, or administrator who will leave a legacy of outstanding contributions that have significantly and positively influenced the Pace student body.
- Opportunitas Award is awarded to a student who has gone above and beyond in working to create opportunities for the Pace Community.